3 tricky questions.......

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by saladiro, Jul 19, 2008.

1. saladiro macrumors 6502a

saladiro

what drains more battery power
    1 wifi
    2 3G
    3 edge (pretty sure its not this one)

is there any difference on making phone calls on 3G vs edge?

I ask these questions in relation to people being unhappy with the power drainage of wifi, and 3G,...yes we can all turn them on and off manualy, but that seems to be the big fuss (that's americans for ya..lazy). e.g. should one just leave edge on if its not that much faster and will save battery life? vs 3G (a bit faster and drains more)

when wifi is on does it constantly search for a network, thus costing battery power? of can i set it to only use my apt wifi?

to be honest, i am baffled, actually, i love the phone, i just see the above debate causing a lot of commotion.

Actually, working in marketing, i could see apple planting a "little bug' such as the one above, that everyone will love their iPhone...except...well u know what. So in a year from now, the release a new iphone that auto switches, and since people are so crazy for any new extra feature, they buy it.....

I applaud apple...seriously, it always comes down to the $$$

2. HoldFastHope macrumors 6502

AFAIK 3G is faster data than EDGE, but calls should be more or less the same.

I think it's pretty funny how you added a random conspiracy theory to the end of that, and then judged them on it as if it was confirmed.

3. saladiro thread starter macrumors 6502a

saladiro

I was chasing this rumor that led me to area 51. Let's just say some things are beter left alone;)

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

5. saladiro thread starter macrumors 6502a

saladiro

In terms of wifi, when I am not in a wifi zone does it use energy to "search" 24-7?