3 week old 15" MBP dead pixel issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by heliuscc, Jun 14, 2010.

1. heliuscc macrumors member

Hi
    My 3 week old MBP with HR Glossy screen has developed a dead pixel right in the middle of the safari address bar and itunes status bar, below and left of the isight camera. I have spoken to Applecare who say take it in to a genius. What's the chances of getting it fixed, or screen replaced? And any good strategies for getting it done?
    Thanks.

2. robotmonkey macrumors 6502

You better get it replaced, even if you didn't have apple care because it is obviously a defective product. But you do have applecare, so it would border on insanity for a manager to not allow you to trade-in.

3. heliuscc thread starter macrumors member

Found another dead pixel now!

At bottom centre of screen, and these have both appeared in the last two days...

4. robotmonkey macrumors 6502

Well it's obviously not working properly. Initially be kind to an employee, if that doesn't work just get a manager and talk sternly. Don't be an ass, but make sure he or she gets you won't take no for an answer. I managed to go through all of best buy's stock cause of scratches :D

5. mcpryon2 macrumors 6502

mcpryon2

From my experience, the chance of Apple granting a warranty claim for one dead pixel are close to none. I'm not saying you might not catch a break, just don't expect it.

If you ask me, Apple really, really needs a "perfect pixel" policy.

6. Hazel macrumors member

Hazel

I've read similar things on the forums, but I've personally just gotten a new 15" MBP replaced for a single dead pixel (I never took it into the store, just called up their sales support). As a side note, the 15" with the dead pixel was itself a replacement for another issue, so I'm not sure if that might have made them more willing to replace.