3 weeks and counting...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whiteshadoww, Oct 5, 2017.

1. whiteshadoww macrumors 6502

whiteshadoww

We are almost there. A little over 6 hours and 21 days from now we can order our new iPhone X!

I hope I have mine on November 3!

2. ImBuz macrumors 6502

ImBuz

Dream On---never happen---sorry

3. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

My bet is that this will be the easiest release ever, Which is a good thing

4. vtboyarc macrumors 6502a

vtboyarc

I love the extreme differences between the first 2 replies.
    I don’t think we will really know how it’s gonna go until 2am Pacific time on the 27th

5. CGoodlet26 macrumors regular

CGoodlet26

Lol seriously. I feel like there's only two trains of thought on how the release will go and both are on complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Either the product will crash and burn because no one will pay $1000 for an iPhone or it'll be so sought after no one can have one till 2018, clearly this wait is driving people wild. I am just gonna hope Apple has a handle on things and that the 27th will bring good news to us quick on the trigger. :)

6. iScone macrumors 6502

iScone

The most difficult bit of this is not to spend on other things so I've still got money to spend on it at the end of month!

I think it's naive to think it's going to be anything less than very successful indeed.

7. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

The wait is extremely difficult. Before the keynote there was daily articles keeping us interested, rumors, leaks. Now we get maybe 1 iPhone article per week.

I wish end of October could get here sooner

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I like your optimism. But in that regard, if Apple has adequate supply numbers for producing only two phones, it's possible this launch could go very well, even given though there will be high demand and constraint. I think this iPhone launch will be will most interesting since the first iPhone launched ten years ago.

9. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Except this one won't end with me walking out of the AT&T store as the first purchaser to the cheers and applause of the people in line. :D

10. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

Diehards preorder, every diehard wants the X. I think this will be the most brutal preorder, put the 6S Plus to shame.

11. Packers1958 macrumors 65816

I have a friend who works for UPS, so we will have our choice of phones. So many to choose from, that we won't need to preorder. :D

12. rafark macrumors 6502a

rafark

13. I’mpaced Suspended

I’mpaced

Include me in the crowd that thinks this launch is going to be brutal. I’d be shocked if I get it by Christmas

14. Geert76 macrumors 68000

And don't forget the 1,370,000,000 Chinese citizens who can also pre order on the 27th, just like all other 54 countries (source: press release Apple last month).
    So 55 countries in total who can pre order at the exact same time.

Yeah, this will be a hassle free pre order ;)

15. TravisPNW macrumors 6502a

TravisPNW

I agree it won't be hassle free... but it is definitely going to be entertaining... at least on the forums.

*grabs popcorn*

16. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

I am thinking that as long as you order within the first 5-10 minutes, you'll have it on launch day.

17. I’mpaced Suspended

I’mpaced

I hope so...

18. shr631 macrumors regular

Future iPhones will exist in a quantum state beyond the two extremes of being available or unavailable - the "iPhone Q" :D

19. titrau macrumors 65816

titrau

So now people count 3 weeks ahead
    then backorder 6-8 weeks do we have to count too :D

20. AlphaGuitarist macrumors 6502a

AlphaGuitarist

Same here. My one and only iPhone preorder was the 6, which I did at 3 a.m. I will be doing the same this time around, only I expect this preorder to be way more brutal.

I am willing to wait up to 12 weeks, which is already beyond reasonable. If my estimated shipping will be past January 31, 2018, I will cancel my preorder and wait for next September's release cycle.

21. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

This made me laugh way more than it should have.

22. whiteshadoww thread starter macrumors 6502

whiteshadoww

I think you are going to be right. I have a feeling delivery will hit 2018 very soon - 2-3 minutes after midnight. Especially if you are NOT in the Chinese market where a lot of the supplies are going to be held for (my guess).

23. comptr macrumors 68000

Same here, but I am going to bet that this Pre-Order is going to be like the 7+ Jet Back. Its going to be hard to get for launch day.