3 weeks in and pixels are dying at an alarming rate!! anyone else having problems?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by scruffyg, Jul 18, 2012.

1. scruffyg, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012

scruffyg macrumors newbie

ok so its three weeks today since i picked up my basic model rMBP.

4 days after i got it a pixel died... or what i thought was 1 pixel. i decided to ignore it, but as time went on it started to bug me so on day 15 i brought it back to the shop i bought it in (no apple stores in Ireland). they said they would look into apples policy on getting it fixed.. if i had brought it in one day earlier it would have been fine.. 14 day is the limit for a straight swap or refund.... so I've been waiting to hear from them but yesterday another pixel went.. but this one is so small that i now realize that the firs death must have been a cluster of pixels.. 2 or 4 as it is bigger than yesterdays one...... but today the count has gone to 6 unique areas of death... 4 appear to be single pixels and 2 appear go groups. so thats at least 6 pixels but if the two bigger ones are groups of 4 then its 12 dead in 3 weeks.

I will bring it back to the shop tomorrow, but I'm concerned.. are these displays not robust enough for a laptop? i bring mine with me everywhere so it gets the usual amount of bumps day to day.. I've had about 7 MBPs over the years and this is my first problem with pixels dying.

anyone else having problems?

also sometime (about 4 times) when i open it up from sleep the screen is glitchy as hell , reminds me of windows, redraw problems etc.. i have to reboot when this happens.

thanks !

graham

2. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

You should not be experiencing any of these issues. It's unfortunate an Apple store is hard to reach because what you're experiencing is seemingly an isolated case. You're the extreme.