3 x iPhone Questions - Forum Posting and Photos!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by liamski, Aug 18, 2008.

1. liamski macrumors member

Hey dudes

I've done a search and havent been able to find the answers to my questions

Question 1:

When posting in forums, when I click on the text entry box - for example, when quoting someone - the keyboard takes up too much space and I often cant get to the bottom of the paragraph to add my comments. If you see what I mean
    Is there a way to scroll within a text box?

Question 2:

Related to the above, is it possible to select an area of text and delete it, rather than having to manually do backspace on every single character you want to remove? Please dont say this is linked to the iPhone's lack of copy / paste! :eek:

Question 3:

I have added photos to my friends contacts in Address Book, and then imported the contacts to the iPhone. However, the photos dont appear fullscreen when they call and it only works when the photos were taken with the phone.
    Is there ANY way of forcing the iPhone to show the pics full screen?

Any help appreciated

L

2. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

In regards to question 3, if you add their picture in your address book in your computer and sync it over, the caller ID will be thumbnail sized. If you have a picture in your photo gallery on the phone and go to "Menu, set as caller ID", it will be full screen.

3. philgilder macrumors 68000

1. use the phone in portrait to see more, but you can scroll
    you can scroll normally in the text field, as if you were anywhere else, or press and hold until you see the move cursor bubble, and drag it up or down

2. no not possible, and it is to do with the iphones inability to select text

3. answered in previous post