3 year guarantee at John Lewis (UK)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dhro1, Mar 23, 2012.

1. dhro1 macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this.

But, for potential computer buyers in the UK it seems John Lewis (at least online) are doing free 3 year guarantees until some time in April. It seems lots of things are out of stock though.

2. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

No reason why you can't post this.

JL are quite good when it comes to warranties. I've bought some other goods from them, when their price is cheaper and their warranty lasts 5 yrs instead of 3 or 2 from other places such as comet.

Of course, it is advisable to read the fine print - and the warranty isn't a substitute for some of the features of Apple Care for instance.

3. dhro1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, clearly no telephone support or anything like that so pretty much just a hardware warranty.

Had some good experiences though. My Dad bought a TV there with a free 5 year guarantee there. After four years the panel failed. They gave him a voucher for a new equivalent of his choice rather than fix it. He added some of his own cash to get a better one and got a new 5 year guarantee with that one too.

But yeah definitely not the same as applecare. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to post after reading the forum rules as rightly they want to avoid people advertising.

4. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Agree JL is good for the 5 year warranty. I had a TV from them about four years ago and the tuner failed. Got it repaired no problem. Hope the new iMac gets released in the next couple of weeks so I can take advantage.

5. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

6. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Just a bump to say this deal is back on again (on all laptops - not just :apple:)

The deal runs until 20/09/12 plus it looks as if they have lowered the prices a little (seems about £50 off on the Macbooks I looked at).

The warranty probably isn't as good as Applecare and if theres a problem in the 2nd and 3rd year you'll have to wait for the unit to go to the external repair centre (and no telephone support). Still it's saving you £199.