3 year old bug

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by drummerdude1390, Jun 14, 2012.

1. drummerdude1390 macrumors member

A very very small deal, but it still kills me a little inside. (especially because apple is so focused on the details that these things don't sneak through), but if you open a folder on the home screen, and double tap: the folder goes away but the page-shower-thing (the dots) pops up. This must be a bug, because it doesn't happen when a folder is not open.
    This has been here iOS 4.

2. naveah macrumors regular

Would you mind posting a screenshot of this? I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say that when you double tap "the folder goes away but the page-shower-thing (the dots) pops up."

3. PurrBall macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

I see what he means- double-tapping the home button.

It's unfortunately still present in iOS 6, but good find!

4. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

If you're on the home screen and do a double-press of the home button, the whole home screen sort of slides up and greys-out to reveal the multi-tasking bar. The little grey and white dots at the bottom of the screen that show which page of the home screen you're currently on, disappear.

But if you do the same thing with a folder opened/expanded, you get the same sliding/greying effect only this time, the grey and white dots remain visible.

That's what he's calling a bug.

5. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

6. qCzar macrumors regular

Open a folder and double tap the home button to open the multi-tasking tray. The dots which represent pages show up. Contrary, if you don't have a folder open and bring up the multi-tasking tray no page dots show up.

Attachments below.

Attached Files:

7. Tmelon macrumors 6502a

Ha I never noticed that. It's not really a big deal, but Apple should probably change it for the sake of consistency.

8. naveah macrumors regular

Oh, I see. I was thinking just double tapping on the screen and I wasn't getting anything special doing that. Yes, that is inconsistent design; they should fix it.