Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drummerdude1390

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2011
USA
A very very small deal, but it still kills me a little inside. (especially because apple is so focused on the details that these things don't sneak through), but if you open a folder on the home screen, and double tap: the folder goes away but the page-shower-thing (the dots) pops up. This must be a bug, because it doesn't happen when a folder is not open.
This has been here iOS 4.

naveah

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2011
Atlanta
Would you mind posting a screenshot of this? I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say that when you double tap "the folder goes away but the page-shower-thing (the dots) pops up."

PurrBall

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Indianapolis
Would you mind posting a screenshot of this? I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say that when you double tap "the folder goes away but the page-shower-thing (the dots) pops up."

I see what he means- double-tapping the home button.

It's unfortunately still present in iOS 6, but good find!

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
If you're on the home screen and do a double-press of the home button, the whole home screen sort of slides up and greys-out to reveal the multi-tasking bar. The little grey and white dots at the bottom of the screen that show which page of the home screen you're currently on, disappear.

But if you do the same thing with a folder opened/expanded, you get the same sliding/greying effect only this time, the grey and white dots remain visible.

That's what he's calling a bug.

qCzar

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
SFBA, CA

Open a folder and double tap the home button to open the multi-tasking tray. The dots which represent pages show up. Contrary, if you don't have a folder open and bring up the multi-tasking tray no page dots show up.

Attachments below.

Attachments

• Folder.jpg
    Folder.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 118
  • No Folder.jpg
    No Folder.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 110

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
Open a folder and double tap the home button to open the multi-tasking tray. The dots which represent pages show up. Contrary, if you don't have a folder open and bring up the multi-tasking tray no page dots show up.

Attachments below.

Ha I never noticed that. It's not really a big deal, but Apple should probably change it for the sake of consistency.

naveah

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2011
Atlanta
I see what he means- double-tapping the home button.

It's unfortunately still present in iOS 6, but good find!

Oh, I see. I was thinking just double tapping on the screen and I wasn't getting anything special doing that. Yes, that is inconsistent design; they should fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.