3 years warranty

Discussion in 'iMac' started by 50L, Jan 14, 2015.

1. 50L macrumors regular

Mar 2, 2014
    Hi guys,

i'm self employed and have a vat number , so for expensive apple material I always go out and buy apple care. to extend my warranty with 3 years ( 3 in stead of 1 year)

Now I bought my new Imac 5K in a webshop, but I could nowhere find their warranty policy, So I guessed it was the minimum 1 year for registered VAT clients.

I emailed them a few days ago, and just got the answer I actually have 3 years of warranty.

Stupid thing is, I already bought the apple care online, so I now have it here, unopened and can't figure out what to do

should I send it back to apple? It costs €125

Or do you guys suggest I still use the apple care , since there is no proof of that 3 year warranty of this webshop
  2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    I don't know exactly where you're located, but doesn't the UK have a better warranty than the US? Where in the US it is 1, I did think in the UK it was 3 a the very least. Did you buy in the US? It sounds like you did not so yes, you'd have that 3 years. Where did you buy the Apple Care? I would return it because it isn't going to do you any good, unless that will extend the 3 year warranty to 6.

Call Apple and see what they say.
  3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

May 16, 2008
    You can simply enter your serial number to check the status of any existing warranty or AppleCare coverage on your Mac:

Check Your Service and Support Coverage