30-40 to 80 iPhone Charging Tip!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jayotherocks, Jul 20, 2014.

1. jayotherocks macrumors member

So i was actually researching about the proper way of charging my iPhone. And most of the people from forums are saying that they'll start charging their phones at 30-40% point until it reaches 80 and then unplug it. I'm not sure if it's the right way but I'm planning to do the same. I just want to ask if anyone could explain why they do that and will it be okay if I do that too? Should I stop at 80% or it'll be fine if I top it up up to 100%? I'm really confused. I just dont want to brick my battery again.

P.S. I JUST HAD MY IPHONE 5 battery replaced sinced I murdered it too soon because apparently my charging habit is wrong by draining it to zero and then fully recharging it again.

2. I7guy macrumors G5

I would think a charging regimen like that minimizes battery heat, which is always good for battery health. However will it make a material difference in longevity?

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Charging between those percentages is the quickest charge phase in the battery so it makes sense a lot of people would be doing it. But in all honesty it won't have any effect on the battery providing you do a full charge cycle every once in a while.

If your going to leave your phone stored for long periods of time then 30-40 percent is a good place to leave it. Should never leave it at 100% for months on end unused but let's face it who buys a phone and leaves it in a box?