30" ACD Is it me or the Display?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Ka Ora!, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Ka Ora! macrumors regular

I have had a 30" ACD and a Nvidia 8800 for about a year now and have been having problems with it. In so far that it is causing my eyes a lot of Grief, After about 15 to 20 mins of use it starts to bring on migraines focusing issues. Im well aware of the DSE regs and always sit at a good distance from it although that does leave me finding the text a wee bit small in Safari and it does not look right if I run it at a lower res. I can sit in front of my iMac and MBP for hours without it causing an issue. I dont need glasses for anything.

Can 30" be to much for some people, I have been considering trying to trade it in for one of the New 24" displays, I think I have to change the Video Card as well then unless there is an adapter for the new mini display.

Will Apple take a display back if it causes issues like this, Or is the second hand market my only option?

2. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

There are very few issues they'll take back a year old display for. Focussing issues won't be one of them, lol :p

3. Ka Ora! thread starter macrumors regular

I guess that depends on it being faulty or not, If it is not then it means I sell it.
    Because I have Applecare on it. Im currently unaware of known faults on ACD`s, But as you can guess im quite keen to get the issue resolved.