30" ACD - Power Adapter buzzing

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AdiosVista, Oct 31, 2008.

1. AdiosVista macrumors 6502

Just bought a used 2008 30" ACD, looks to be in great shape and no problems with the display so far. One thing I do notice though is the little white box that is the power adapter makes a faint buzz or "tweet" sound. It's especially noticeable when I put the computer to sleep. Is this normal? Do the power adapters go bad?

2. Floris macrumors 68000

Floris

If it is from 2008, then it still has a 1 year warranty, contact apple and ask if the buzzing is normal, and if not .. exchange it.

3. nanofrog macrumors G4

You might want to search the forum.

I seem to remember seeing something about this. Sorry I can't be of more help. :eek:

4. Flobber88 macrumors regular

My 23'' ACD has a buzzing from the power adapter also. If it is at its brightest setting it won't make a noise, but anything less it starts to buzz.

If you call Applecare up, post your result

5. AdiosVista thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks all. I did try searching the forums but couldn't find anything except for a bunch of threads on MBP power adapters, nothing for the 30" ACD though. I have to wait until registration of the monitor has transferred to me from the previous owner but then I will try AppleCare and post my results.

6. AdiosVista thread starter macrumors 6502

Just a follow-up: I sent out for a replacement through AppleCare, received in mail today. New one doesn't buzz at all.