30" ACD repair cost [UK]

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by peskaa, Jul 23, 2010.

1. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

Okay, I'll try and cut a long story short.

My 30" ACD is ghosting horribly - anything on screen will remain there at 90% opacity for 4-5mins, and it does this no matter how long the item is there (ie: it is not the image persistence problem). Tried every fix, nada.

Even worse, the screen is 3 months out of warranty, and AppleCare are refusing to do anything about, even when having the Consumer Goods Act thrown at them. Apparently they won't say that a screen has an expected life span of over three years, which is ridiculous for a £1300 monitor.

Out of curiosity, what is the ballpark repair cost on the 30" ACDs?

2. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

Get in contact with someone senior in apple care.

3. peskaa thread starter macrumors 68020

peskaa

I spoke to Customer Services, who *are* the highest tier at AppleCare. Wouldn't budge an inch.

[EDIT: Managed to talk to a local AASP, and apparently the cost of a repair on a 30" is that of a new one. Majorly unimpressed]

4. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

Yeah. And Apple are really hardheaded about it too. Whenever we get a defective display that is out of warranty in at work, we just tell the customer to buy a new one. They rarely leave with a smile. =/

5. RubbishBBspeed macrumors regular

Get on to Dom at the BBC One Show, he's always looking for good consumer stories. If you've got legal rights under the consumer act then you should get a result. May be worth e-mailing the One Show and Watchdog and then get back onto applecare with copies of your e-mails and politely and point out that you are not going away.

Either that or suck it up and buy a new monitor.