30" ACD Too Big- Hurts Eyes

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Kosher, May 19, 2007.

1. Kosher macrumors newbie

I purchased a 30" and it was just too big for me. My eyes started to hurt from it, so i have gone back to using 2 24" screens. It amazes me when i see people that have 2 30" screens. Am i the only one who has had eye issues with the 30" Display.

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I think the 30'' strains my eyes a bit more than the old 23'' did, but it's so nice to have the extra real estate that I don't worry about it. Also, the eye strain isn't as bad now as it was when I first got it.

3. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

i tried the 30 at the apple store and it straine dmy eyes after like 2 minute sof using it, that is why i am looking for a 22 or 24 right now so that i can hook up my MB to it...

4. cube macrumors G5

So they have to make it 32" with the same resolution?

5. Kosher thread starter macrumors newbie

seems to me the best option would be 2 24" dells more real estate and you won't go blind in the future

6. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

Yup, ditched my 30 incher about a year ago. I now use a Dell 24" and will
    probably pick up a second. Also, it was a lot of real estate to get that mouse
    to move across. :p

7. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Why on Earth would using a 30" ACD give you more eye strain than two 23" displays?? I haven't noticed any strain with this display, if anything its far easier on the eyes than any smaller display I've ever used.

8. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

I'm returning my 24in imac and going back to my se/30 screen. Yeah, it's only black and white, but I won't have to move the mouse as far and my eyes won't hurt... lol

Seriously, couldn't you just change the resolution on the 30 and eliminate some eye strain that way? Then you could change it back when you need the space. Anyway, if anyone needs to get rid of their 30, I'm happy to accept the burden of taking it off their hands. Mind you, I would only do this for the betterment of mankind...

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

This is one of the most interesting complaints that I've heard. but could someone please explain why two 20's or two 24's would do less straining then a 30? Wouldn't the moving of the mouse be more of the problem but i agree changing the resolution lower or changing the position of the display should be able to fix the problem.

10. adav macrumors member

I've found that to use a 30" comfortably. you need either a low desk or a high chair.

I think it's funny that people set the mouse tracking speed to the lowest setting on the 30" machines at Apple stores. It would be like the toffs who only live in a wing of their country house as ts too far to walk. :p

11. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

I love MR. Where else can you get "Toffs in a country estate" references early on a Saturday morning...

12. Kosher thread starter macrumors newbie

Well for one with the 30" it's a higher resolution then what i have on my 24"s. So that is proably it. Just thinking about the 30"s now is making my eyes hurt