30" Apple Cinema Display - Where to get one??

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by WardC, Jan 11, 2011.

1. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

If I am in the market for getting a 30" Apple Cinema display, which is now a discontinued model, where is the best place to get one? Will I be able to find one "new in box" anywhere? Or should I buy refurbished? What about buying on eBay? What would be the best route to go for getting one? I just got a Nikon D7000 Camera and I'm looking at a larger display for editing high resolution photos, something matte without glare. I do like the 30" Apple display, but I know it's discontinued now. Any help would be great. Thanks!

2. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Refurbished models are running 1299 at apple.com. They pop up every now and then.

The ones I have seen being sold new at retailers are still >$1500.

Craigslist is an idea, but may have to buy an older out of warranty model. Plus they were still nearly 1000.

I would pick up the refurbished if you had to have the 30" ACD.

Other ideas: The apple 27" is 999 new. Also Dell makes a nice 30" with more inputs, USB ports and a card reader. Same screen if I recall. Can be had for 900 or so on sale.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I would get a refurb, they are probably as new as you can get. A refurb doesn't seem to be much more expensive than used ones in eBay

4. WardC thread starter macrumors 68030

WardC

If I decide to get one, I will just wait and hopefully find a refurb one from Apple on the Apple Store site. Thanks!

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I would suggest using Refurb.Me for hunting the display. They offer various notifications that will let you know when it's back in stock.

6. Chillviper macrumors member

Definitely wait for a refurb from Apple.com. All my Macs and displays are from the refurb site and I believe they have been scrutinized even more than a new product!

They have them right now for $1299.

ps. Man, that baby must pump out some heat. I can feel it from my 23" model ;-)

7. Transporteur macrumors 68030

No Cinema Display bashing yet? :eek:

What's going on here? :D