30" Apple monitor setting....??

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by HSHC, Jun 22, 2009.

1. HSHC macrumors newbie

So, I finally get the 30" Apple monitor today after my 10 years old 20" Sony Trinitron start making buzzing noise.

I am very happy with it as I always want to get a bigger monitor. (Anything will be better than a 10 years old monitor)

The problem now is that I am able to use 2560 x 1600 resolution. Everything looks very nice and shape, but so small. (The texts and icons, almost everything)
    If I change to 1920 x 1200, everything gets bigger, but more blurry. Especially the texts and icons.
    The texts for the programs on the menu bar is also very small.

I am curious about what are the best setting for people who used 30" monitor, including the brightness setting...???

thanks

Henry

2. windywoo macrumors 6502a

windywoo

Try the colour calibration tool. Its in Display options somewhere. Not at my Mac so can't be more specific.

3. HSHC thread starter macrumors newbie

Isn't calibration tool used for color correction only....???
    Would it help with the blurry texts and icons...???

4. aurius macrumors newbie

Yes, the calibration tool is only for color correction. The apparent "blur" is because it is stretching a smaller number of "software pixels" over a larger number of "hardware pixels", similar to zooming into a photo to the point where it becomes jagged.
    This actually cannot be changed and is the case with all LCD screens.

In my opinion, be proud of your extra screen real estate! I only *wish* I could fit that many pixels onto my 24" screen!

5. HSHC thread starter macrumors newbie

To stare the monitor for more than 12 hours a day with one lazy eye and another one just ok.
    I'm sure appreciate the space I am getting from the 30" monitor.

I am only hoping that I can get the things bigger and clear.