30% battery drop after 6 hours

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by flipm725, Jul 26, 2010.

1. flipm725 macrumors regular

is that normal? 1 hour and 55 mins usage and 6 hrs and 27 mins standby.

2. MicroApple macrumors regular

Depends, 3g or Wifi, are you doing any background tasks like music, what did you do in that 1 hour and 55 minutes play games, did you use the GPS at all. Not its not normal but it could be if youve done the above.

3. flipm725 thread starter macrumors regular

I was using wifi to browse the web most of the time. 3g browsing for like 5 minutes. played like 2 songs through background music. had a call for like 7 minutes. played some games for a total of 15 minutes.

4. anonymous guy macrumors 6502

with fast battery drain issues, Apple store employees usually suggest restoring the phone as new (not as a backup). usually diagnostics say that there may be crashed apps or processes hanging in the memory depleting battery life.

if things don't improve, you may need to swap the phone at an Apple Store.

5. MicroApple macrumors regular

Doesn't seem too bad then looking at the specs:
    http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html

10 hours of wifi 10/3 = 3.3333 you did around 2 hours (Also you did some 3g Which drains battery)
    15 minutes of gaming adds some more if they are intensive/coded poorly
    2 songs = this probably didnt affect battery life if it was from your ipod and not the internet.
    7 minute call = just a bit to push it to 30%

So yea I would say it is OK.

6. MicroApple macrumors regular

Also if you are concerned about the battery draining buy AppleCare, I did because Apple Charges 85$ for a battery replacement and 70$ for AppleCare for 2 years so if you do 1 battery change its worth it. Plus I believe you can have it changed multiple times.