30" Cinema Display Repair

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dave12345, Nov 7, 2008.

1. dave12345 macrumors regular

Hi Guys,

I'm sending my 30" Cinema Display off to be repaired - Its making an annoying buzzing sound that goes away when you squeeze the case together on the left hand side. Also there is no buzzing when the brightness is at full level.

Do you reckon this is something that can be fixed or will they send me a replacement ?

Thanks....

2. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

how old is it? I'm guessing they will probably fix it instead of a replacement.

3. dave12345 thread starter macrumors regular

its 18 months old - I heard it wasn't possible to repair LCD screens - but i guess that's if there's a fault with the actual LCD panel - I think my display needs a component replacing or attaching better.

4. dave12345 thread starter macrumors regular

My display went off to Amsys today in the UK - anyone else had experience with them ?

Cheers

5. Esrb99 macrumors member

I just got mine today... no buzzing so far.

very pretty though.

6. dave12345 thread starter macrumors regular

have you tried putting the brightness right down in a quiet room and put your ear up to the back of the screen ? mine is the loudest piece of equipment i have. I can hear it right across the room. I hope they can fix it!

7. dave12345 thread starter macrumors regular

Hey Guys - It looks like there sending me a replacement - as i thought they don't try and repair displays...