Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CrimsonTide

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2013
Hey guys! This is my first forum post here, but I've been a lurker for years.

I jumped the gun today and got an iPad Mini. My question is whether you guys think that (should the iPad 5th gen and iPad Mini 2 be announced this month) they'll do the same thing they did last October when they announced the current products. I think it was something like, "If you have bought an iPad in the last 30 days, we'll replace it with a new one for free." Don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty sure there was some sort of program like that.

Do you guys think they'll do the same thing this time? It'd be sweet to replace this one with the new one. Don't get me wrong, I love it. The weight, size, everything is great. But after having an iPhone 4, 4S, and now 5. . .I guess I take retina displays for granted. Haha. It'd be the perfect product if it had one.

Thanks in advance!

nephron8

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2012
welcome aboard.
that 30 days thing was done by only few stores and that too out courtesy and not as standard operating procedure.
so don't expect it to happen again.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Official return period is 14 days. I wouldn't expect any leeway beyond that. :)

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
30 days is a case by case basis, and many stores only agreed to honor it with a store credit and not a refund back to the original form of payment (credit card).

my local store allowed me to return an iPad 3 at the 24th day mark only if i accepted a store credit

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Official return period is 14 days. I wouldn't expect any leeway beyond that. :)

Yes and no. Generally if you bought it within 14 days of the announcement you can return it for up to 14 days after that even if you were past the literal return period. If the launch falls after that period but within 30 days most stores will still let you exchange but not generally return.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.