30-day software trials+

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bensheim, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Bensheim macrumors newbie

I'm currently trying iWorks for 30 days and intend to buy a license after that. But what is to stop me from using a 30-days free trial again? (and again and again?)

I have the same question about MS Office Mac 2004*.

*Also, what is to stop me from buying the Student and Teacher Edition, which is half the price? There must be some disadvantage or everyone would do this?

Thanks

2. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

The program won't run after 30 days

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

If you really want to use the trial after the 30 days without paying for it there is just one file you have to delete, but I won't tell you any more than that, and AFAIK there is nothing stopping you from buying the student and teacher edition.

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

For some people, being honest is greater than money.

5. Bensheim thread starter macrumors newbie

Despite stating that I intend to buy the iWorks licence, I seem to have given the wrong impression here!

I was merely wondering what (mysterious methods) exist to stop people from downloading free 30-day trials more than once.

Regarding the Student&Teacher edition question, what I meant was, what is the difference between this version and the regular one, which costs double? There must be some difference - otherwise everybody would buy the S&T one.

Thanks again

6. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

My point is that there isn't a difference. Actually as far as I remember the only difference is a big white sticker on the outside that says Student and Teacher Edition. People don't buy the Student and Teacher Edition if they aren't a student or teacher because they are honest. That's all.