Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zazenx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2004
Mississippi
I woke up this morning and turned on my display and I noticed that the left side was darker than the right side. Also, there is a dark band that runs from the left to to the right and stops about 3/4 of the way. The band is about 2 inches. When I turn the brightness all the way up it is not as noticeable but I can't keep it that way, my eyes are too sensitive. I tried the other dvi port on the card and it does the same thing. I was also thinking that ti may be because it's cold, so I let it warm up some and it's still the same. I bought the monitor last year and this is the first problem I've encountered with it. Has anyone else encountered this or know what the problem is?

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
Interesting. Every once in a while when I get to work in the morning my 30 inch will have several bands of white lines running vertically up the screen. I almost crapped my pants the first time it happened, but it goes away after about 20 - 30 minutes. Has your screen anomaly gone away or is it still there?

zazenx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2004
Mississippi
Ok, I left a screensaver running on it all day while I was at school. I come home and the noticeable band through the middle is gone but the left side is still stlightly darker than the left. You can only realy tell if a solid color completely ocupies the screen such as a blank full sized browser page. I'm calling apple when I get a chance and see what they say about it. The monitor is only about 6 months old.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.