Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wizumwalt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
Hi,

For all the rumors about mac pro upgrades, do any of the rumors include new monitors and new cases?

All I'm waiting on are for new monitors because the current line hasn't been updated in some time and I thought since they dropped the pricing ... and possibly the heat from sitting in front of the display .. any ideas? And especially since games *might* possibly this time be in the plan, I'm hoping something changes there, or at least seeing the chances for an upgrade increasing.

MacPossum

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2007
As far as ACD's go, I would have said maybe August but it seems that LED screens are hard to come by in large quatities. Case style change, I assume you mean away from the brushed aluminum look? I honestly don't see this look going away for at least another year.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
As far as ACD's go, I would have said maybe August but it seems that LED screens are hard to come by in large quatities. Case style change, I assume you mean away from the brushed aluminum look? I honestly don't see this look going away for at least another year.

I do not see this going away at all.
If they go white it may as well be an imac without a computer inside of it. IF they go black it may as well be a dell. What sets Apple's displays aside from the rest? The brushed aluminum. Why would I buy an Apple over a dell...no other reason than the brushed aluminum. I do not see Apple's displays being better than dell at all. Since I plan to buy one in the next 30-45 days I believe if there is an upgrade there'd be an isight in it. Since I couldn't care less and I'm looking at the 30" I'm fairly certain the most they can do is add the hdmi inputs.

Wizumwalt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
I do not see this going away at all.
I can easily see current models going away because, eventually, they will. It's the way things progress over time, and it's been awhile. The trick is knowing when.

What sets Apple's displays aside from the rest? The brushed aluminum. Why would I buy an Apple over a dell...no other reason than the brushed aluminum. I do not see Apple's displays being better than dell at all.

I don't know where the thread is, but there have been extensive threads here on the subject of differences between apple and dell monitors which the majority of people don't understand; otherwise, buying a monitor for it's frame is beyond comprehension. But because other mfg's are producing better monitors, they tend to catch up and still sell for a fraction of the price. So something has to give.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.