$30 for a simple bumper from apple?......worth the money.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by aliensarecool, May 18, 2012.

1. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

i've had one since the 4s launch and my phone is still in perfect condition. it keeps both sides from every touch flat surfaces, so no scratches, also the sides are a nice plastic, bit all rubber like the cheap ones that are hard to pull out of your pocket. and there is a thin rubber outside of that giving it some grip. i've had no problems with it. i have a green on my white 4s. i want a white one but i'd imagine white would show dirt easily.

i never wanted a case because i wanted to show off my white iphone's aesthetics, i can still do so with this bumper while providing protection from being scratched, gives it a better in-hand grip, and adds virtually 0 bulk.

sexyness
    [​IMG]

who else is rocking the bumper, and what do you think of it?

2. dthmtlgod, May 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2012

dthmtlgod macrumors 6502

I used to go with that color on my white phone, but there are so many better cheaper alternatives out there.

3. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

I have a bumper on my phone now it's alright but it's not worth the money. As the person said above me there are better alternatives.

4. aliensarecool thread starter macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

really? i mainly like what it is made out of, not to mention green is my fav color. i'll have to see what others are out there

----------

i could go on amazon or ebay but they're usually silicon or noticeably lower quality

5. daonesteven macrumors 6502

i was pretty smitten by the idea and look of the bumper for the longest time (still do actually) but when I read all those testimonials of people warning to stay away from them because they scratch the hell out of the bezel after you had it on for a long time, I decided to stay away and keep it naked instead.

6. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

Yes that is another good point! My bumper has scratched the metal banding of my 4S :(

7. aliensarecool thread starter macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

mine hasn't :confused:

8. PatrickW98 macrumors 6502

PatrickW98

9. aliensarecool thread starter macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

you're not getting an OEM one for $5....i looked. a lot of the reviews said they post a picture of a real one in a package, but it's not the OEM on they recieved. 30 is high, but mine fits perfect, and i love the material.

edit: yeah def not the same one i got...here is what they have pictured

[​IMG]

10. felixgun macrumors member

I had that same green oem apple bumper and it looked like great at first... then it looked like **** after 2 months. It turned all brown ish and just looked dirty. Now I use the SGP Linear EX white bumper and it stays bright white at all times :)

11. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

12. egk69 macrumors 6502

I Do Agree the Bumper is awesome, I've dropped accidentally and on purpose my iPhone 4S countless times with a bumper on concrete, streets, and inside my house and not a single time the phone had even a scratch or any cracks on the glass as opposed to a few drops naked (which all broke the glass)

BUT!! I would never pay $30 for that. I had 2 OEM Apple ones (the ones they gave for free because of the "antenna problem" the iPhone4 had) and they are the same as those you can buy for a few bucks on eBay, Amazon, etc..., Believe me I've bough a lot of those "knock off ones" and for 2 or 3 bucks you cant go wrong...

13. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

I used to use and Apple bumper, I loved the thin profile. But switched to the ultra thin TPU cases that actually are even thinner overall than the bumper.

14. FlatlinerG macrumors 6502a

FlatlinerG

Why on earth would you drop it on purpose? Aside from maybe proving it's strength..