30 hour audio playback: a false claim?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by skycamefalling, Sep 30, 2009.

1. skycamefalling macrumors newbie

skycamefalling

Does anyone actually get 30 hrs ( or close ) of audio playback on their 3gs... Cos I sure don't...

2. nickels macrumors member

Turn off blue tooth, turn off wifi, turn off push notifications, immediately put the screen to sleep, and then test your results. Oh yea, you might want to plug it into a dock first if you plan on playing it for that long ;)

3. skycamefalling thread starter macrumors newbie

skycamefalling

=) nice. But really though, my average usage time is in and around 7 hours. and apple might be replacing my phone, and I'm wondering if I should actually replace it...

4. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

I'm sure the battery life sucks. I have to charge it everywhere I go, in the car, in the office, at home, etc.

5. aristobrat macrumors G5

If you're curious, this is how Apple tested it:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/battery.html

Wonder if the "Call Forwarding was turned on" makes a big difference? Maybe the phone doesn't check in with the tower as frequently then, saving some juice? Dunno...

6. omerbaker macrumors member

I've used the music going to work(about 50-60 mins) and the power has gone down 1 maybe 2%. I could see with a good signal and not doing ANYTHING else one could get 30 hours of playback. Why would you really need to though?

7. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

Mine lasts me all day, I usually charge at night. Every once in a while I'll go 2 days.

You have to get comfortable with the idea of just plugging it in often.

pretty good trade off, all things considered.

8. xIGmanIx macrumors 6502a

and don't forget to to turn off the sound ;)