Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

franloutwo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2010
Long Island, New York
I indicated that the monitor was going off on its own at various times. It seemed logical that the first thing to consider was the 150 watt transformer. Anything else would require bringing it in for repair at a high cost. I therefore purchased the transformer directly from Apple after a helpful conversation with Apple support. The transformer cost was half of what it would have been if purchased on-line from someone other then Apple. Well it seems the new transformer has solved the problem. So anyone out there who has experienced the same problem with any Cinema Display consider replacing the transformer.

kellen

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2006
Seattle, WA
Who did you call for the transformer at apple? I contacted applecare and they had no idea on how to get one.

Thanks.

franloutwo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2010
Long Island, New York
30 inch cinema display

He only gave me his first name of Patrick. The Apple case number was192938369. I believe the part number was 1083. I received the item two days after placing the order. The cost was $63.00 plus shipping. The item was shipped from Pennsylvania. The order number was D39787529. I had to give them the serial number which is on the bottom of the stand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.