$30 Premium Data with Sprint through Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by intervenient, Sep 24, 2014.

1. intervenient macrumors 6502a

I'm trying to set up a new contract with Sprint and while going through the Apple Store checkout I noticed they charge $80 for unlimited everything, and then an extra $30 for Premium Data. When I try and go through the Sprint Store, it's just the flat $80, no premium charge. What's going on here?

[​IMG]

2. intervenient thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Poor guy, I'm not sure. Wish I could be more help :(

I'm not on Sprint but I tried going through the order process to see if the same thing would happen to me but it asks me for my SSN so I couldn't go through the whole process.

I attached a picture below though that Apple only is asking for $80/month for unlimited talk, text, and data on sprint.

Hope someone on sprint knows and can chime in, if not I would call Apple and place an order over the phone.

Attached Files:

4. jettrue macrumors regular

jettrue

I thought they had the $50 unlimited iphone plan?Wtf? I'm on sprint but on a $25 Framily plan.

5. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

6. *KID* macrumors regular

I'm on an unlimited data family share plan and I do have a premium data charge but it's 10.00 per iPhone as it has been for years. maybe they changed their new plans?

7. AntnyMikal macrumors regular

AntnyMikal

$30 Premium Data with Sprint through Apple Store?

With the new plans, iPhone for life and easy pay ,family plans, there is no premium data fee anymore. You pay for the plan, then the phone- monthly with easy pay or leasing-, then 15$ for the line if it's a family plan.
    Example- 100$ family plan 3 lines would be 145$ if you didn't make phone payments, if you do easy pay or iPhone for life add the cost of the phone to that, no premium data fee..that's only on the old plans now, if you still have one.

8. intervenient thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I understand that, but I'm not sure why Apple would charge the $30 for it with a new 2 year contract and Sprint does not. If you try and sign a new 2 year contract with the Sprint store, it's still only $80 for everything.

9. m3nphls macrumors member

It's a mistake on their end. Sprint has no such pricing.

10. *KID* macrumors regular

Sprints site breaks it up into 50 + 30 (for unlim data add on) = 80. Apple's site seems to have the plan price incorrect at 80 and still adds 30. Contact Sprint to double check & they can probably fix it if you need to order through apple.

11. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Don't worry. Sprint is the one charging you not Apple. Apple just has it worded incorrectly. $80 total of which $30 is unlimited data fee. This is the breakdown of my plan:

Unlimited, My Way
    Plan includes:
    Unlimited, My Way
    Line 1: $50 Minimum Monthly Charge
    Line 2: $40, Line 3: $30 Line 4-10: $20 each
    Unlimited Anytime Minutes
    Nationwide Long Distance Included
    America - Roaming Included
    Unlimited Messaging
    Call Waiting
    Three-Way Calling
    Voicemail

Plan add-ons:
    Unlimited data* $ 30.00
    Total Equipment Protection $ 11.00
    Long Distance Special Rate $ 0.00

12. AntnyMikal macrumors regular

AntnyMikal

I get ya. When I was in the Apple Store they were telling me that Sprint hadn't updated there system for them yet, and of course the Sprint rep. had left for the day. That was another reason I just bought mine outright and did the activation and plan stuff myself with Sprint.

13. intervenient thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aweeeeesome. Someone is getting an iPhone 6 this weekend :)