300,000 Downloads of WinMo 7 developer, developer, developer...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OzExige, Aug 24, 2010.

1. OzExige macrumors 6502

OzExige

OK 300,000 sounds like a healthy interest in Windows Mobile 7,
    however, what are the chances of 1/10 of these turning into winmo 7 apps by October?
    Call me a 'fanboy' (what e v e r) - I have some serious doubts as to the number of apps for '7' reaching 1,000 by the launch date.
    I just can't see Microsoft convincing developers, developers, developers that there's gold to be found in winmo 7 phone sales.

2. w0ngbr4d macrumors regular

I've seen demos of WinMo7 and it is pretty slick. Yes, Microsoft is a little late to the game, but there are a lot of Microsoft developers out there who's knowledge will translate pretty seamlessly from web/desktop to WinMo7 (its basically Silverlight or XNA for 3D stuff).

I think its a pretty good risk to take, make a simple yet attractive app and sell it for .99 a launch. If you are one of the few apps in that category, you might have a decent chance to make a little money. This is purely a short term play; who knows how well WinMo7 will sell in the long run.

I have a feeling that many enterprise customers looking for a Blackberry alternative that have an existing Windows infrastructure (Active Directory, Exchange, etc.) might look to WinMo7 before iPhone or Android. Either way, the more competition, the better.

3. samcraig macrumors P6

Did I miss something - or can people develop apps for the iPhone now with the WinMo developer kit?

Or maybe this thread should be someplace else - like General... or - on a WinMo site?