300 miles between me and by iBook

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by superleccy, Jun 19, 2007.

1. superleccy macrumors 6502a

superleccy

To cut a long story short, yesterday I stupidly left my iBook somewhere 300 miles away. It's safe, but I won't get it back until Friday evening. In the meantime I have a crappy old Dell from work that I can browse the web on but not much else.

This is an eventuality I had never accounted for. I feel really, really disoriented. Here are my observations so far:

1) To play music, I actually have to get up of my lazy arse and select a CD from the rack and actually place it into my compact disk player.
    2) I have absolutely no idea how much money I can afford to spend on a day-to-day basis
    3) If there is a TV or radio programme I want to watch/listen to, then I have to actually watch/listen to it when it is actually broadcast
    4) Regularly cloning your hard drive to an HFS+ triple-interface Lacie is all well and good untill you need to access your stuff from a Windows XP machine
    5) Regularly doing an incremental backup to DVD-R is all well and good untill you need to access your stuff from a machine that hasn't got a DVD reader
    6) My friends and family think this is really, really funny.

SL

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Consider this your punishment for being careless about your iBook. Next time, you lose all your Mac privileges.

3. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I know you must de disoriented and confused, it happens when you don't use windows for a long time, or a Dell, for that matter.

Although to help you, they do make Safari and iTunes for Windows.:)

4. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

I use PC's at school, just because I can't help it of course but it still sucks?

5. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

How many times have you tried a hot corner or pressed F9 to run expose, and then realized you're in Windows?

6. superleccy thread starter macrumors 6502a

superleccy

Actually just now.

Again.

7. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Ugh...I do that ALL the time. What's more is I try it on other people's Macs, who haven't turned that functionality on. Drives me nuts :p

8. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

Start the countdown . . . only three days left . . .

Reminds me of the time between my PB being pinched and getting another one when the insurance company agreed. :( I hadn't long changed to Mac then either, but having to go back to my old laptop was :eek: Oh, but the bliss of going back to Mac! Almost worth it (no way!!)

only 2.99 days left . . .