$300ish profit?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

so I checked eBay and the X is running for $1800. So 1800- 13% eBay and PayPal fees - 1217 original purchase price= $349 profit

Is $349 profit worth the extended month wait?

2. Revels macrumors member

Only you can decide.

I wouldn't risk eBay though.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Given how much hassle and frustration you posted on getting your phone on the 3rd, I'd say you should keep your phone. You posted how much trouble you had and Apple did the right thing by giving you your phone - keep it.

4. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

There's a high risk of someone buying and not paying. It then takes a week for eBay to refund seller fees. Hot items like iPhones and game consoles tend to attract a lot of buyers who have no intension of paying. This happened to me in the past.

5. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Yah I was just curious. alot of people are telling me to sell it. I was also curious about the other sellers I guess they didn’t want the phone to begin with and just wanted to profit. But I’m different I do like the phone.

Thanks man I know I was pretty PITA lmao. Sorry. Definitely Apple pulled thru for me.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 3, 2017 ---
    Wow that’s even less, I’m assuming that’s 64gb tho.

6. MH01 Suspended

MH01

Love this blokes threads, drama drama drama.... :) keep it or sell it, I'm sure we will hear about it :p

My vote keep

7. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

Yes, I misread your OP. I was looking at the 64GB. I have an extra 64GB that I was considering selling but I am going to cancel to have it go to someone waiting on their pre-order.

8. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Just out of curiosity. I did flip the original ss Apple Watch gen 1 because I was so mad I just tossed it on the couch. Remember how mad i was? haha. I sold it for almost double the price.

9. SoN1NjA macrumors 68000

SoN1NjA

I would, that's a whole new Apple Watch, but it's also a lot of hassle with the payments and the shipping and getting another and taxes

10. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Will there be like a premium for certain batch of the IPhone X? Like would first batch serial number would be worth more for collectors? My phone came from Cali so I’m assuming it’s one of the early shipments already in stock. Ie. It didn’t have to come from China.

11. MH01 Suspended

MH01

Serial numbers - no

In the numbers produced - this phone will be no collectors edition . If you have an unopened red 7 .....maybe one day