30GB of "Other" and nothing else?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by NestOfRobins, Aug 15, 2012.

1. NestOfRobins macrumors member

Why do I have 30+gb of "other" on my iPad 3 and nothing else? See the attached screenshot from iTunes. How do I fix this? It had identified some "normal" stuff just a few minutes ago (w/ only 10GB or so of "other").

Help!

Attached Files:

2. xnickitynickx macrumors regular

xnickitynickx

It needs to be restored. Usually an abmormally large "other" section is due to a corrupt file during syncing or setup. A restore should set things right.

3. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

Have you tried rebooting your iPad? How about a factory reset?

4. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

Yea, I had a similar issue where I had a whole truckload of "other" and when I did a restore it took care of it.

5. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

This issue is old and really really really getting annoying. I've had to do numerous resets of my iPhone and iPad due to it. They need to figure out what's causing and find a fix.

6. NestOfRobins thread starter macrumors member

OP here...

I was prepared to do a restore (having done one last weekend as a result of some failed Siri port installation), but a reboot brought the "other" down to less than 5gb and the "music", "movies", "apps" showed up again.

7. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

be sure and click eject when you get done syncing, if not it can leave the "cache" from app installs etc. per say