Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crampy20

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
There are skeptics out there that will undoubtably ask why should you believe me when i post this...

1.) just because i am a newbie doesnt mean my information isn't any less valid
2.) just because i am a newbie is doesnt mean that i am not who i say i am
3.) just because i have made no posts and this will be my ONLY one, that doesnt mean my information is any less valid...
4.) just because my typing style isnt umm.. perfect it doesnt mean my information is any less valid...

I have tried contacting various rumor sites before under an as annoymous form as i can. By altering the output of many IP tracers so my IP address leads to an obscure address i made at random, by using friends inside gmail and .mac to alter my personal information if people try to finger me through the network utility. Thus i have resorted to this final method by doing a public posting. There will always be skeptics and the first person to post, by meer style, will undoubtably knock me off... No worries, this post is for information purposes purley. And trust me, as i have a job in the specific Intel sector dedicated to apple, my information is right...

So after building up my defenses i shall get to the point.

We at intel are building the internal specs and design of the new 30th anniversary mac. I CANNOT PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION REGARDING EXTERIOR DESIGN. I can though provide various bits of info regarding all the core stuff that people care about, and only through our constant communication with apple, all the stuff to do with GPU and other hardware.

Remember no external design provided or potentially provided, wait until the leaks or the mockups (ho ho)

Also this isnt the next Power mac/ mac pro as that is being designed by another team and will be provided with the ... whatever ... proccessor and chip set.

TAM - Entry level (pun intended)

2 x 3.2GHz Intel Pentium 4 Processor (Special Extreme Edition (90nm at 900Mhz with 1mb L2 and 2Mb L3 - hence special edition) supporting Hyper-Threading Technology (blah blah blah)) ...

speedy... wow! this will be mounted on a SPECIAL !!! 1000X (modified 975X) express Chipset which will be slightly modified to allow for the 900Mhz and the socket which will be mPGA479 - not 478

This breaks the 3.0 barrier

The entire architecuture will include PCI express and the such, most of the stuff coming of the motherboard (will be a D1000XBX (new!) and will run on the mPGA479 socket) this will be faster than the 975 as will allow for 16GB of ram running a faster DDR2 and the (optional & expensive) ECC. PCI express 16x obviously and will allow for double the pheriphals that the 975 allowed but i doubt apple will include 16 USB ports or 8 hard drives.

Of the processor side standard specs will be 256mb GPU (x1800 i believe...) and a very high quality audio system (5.1 dolby jack is a possibility ... i think... dont know much about that side) and as far as i know wont come with a screen yet the annoncment will be followed by Viiv screens (according to a fellow sleuth that span from 17" to 35" and as there will be several PCI lanes and high graphics proccessing i think apple is going to adverstise the capability of 16 screens (anything below 30") (with a slightly different port output arranged ment (2 wires out of one jack wi' a special screening system...) , but noone is going to do that...

apart from that i know nothing of the basic line...

midrange will be 3.46 on a 90nm procces running at 1200Mhz to the motherboard (D1025XBX ) with a LGA800 (new) socket

high-end will be a completly different processor, motherboard, socket ...

it will be 3.96 Ghz !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on a APPL100 socket that will go to a APPL100XSX motherboard and will run at 1300Mhz and will also be a 90nm process, stevie wants a dual core on this one, but the prototype was way to buggy and the release is too soon. Apart from that it is bundeled with 512mb GPU and a slightly more packaged exterior and comes free with an extra 2gb DDR2 ECC ram (on top of 2BG standard all line) so it is a really really good machine. I have to say it will be expensive but apple is trying to screw the pc world on this one and will make them all a cheap as possibile to try and wipe out the expensive critisim...

I know there will be critics and there will be flak but trust me on this one...

CHOW!!!

EDIT :- all processors are 2x forgot to spec that on the last ones

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
In the words of El Guapo, "I like these guys. They're funny guys. Just kill one of them." :D

3_amigo01.jpg

crampy20

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
P4 is the only current option

stevie is a forceful M F he insisted on a seperate chipset even though it isnt that different from the ones at hand... 4.0 is slightly unobtainable at the mo but its as fast as fast can get and apple will have fun publising this:D

crampy20

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
pknz said:
Slow, drawn out: Riiiiiiight

indeed... but expect to dish out $$$ the processors are very expensive especially as some are being converted to 90nm and the high end one is in fact a different core system, the architecture is very advanced and the on board memory is quite high. expect to see a similar g5 type cooling system on the high end one... its quite a scorcher

crampy20

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
Josh396 said:
No way I see this happening. Maybe if you would have said something other than a Pentium 4 it would have been somewhat believable.

and what would you suggest ? there is nothing else in the pipeline except what is being released ages away (5 months) intel has announced all future chips and the core duo is NOT fast enough... apple wants to hit the world with this, and even though p4 is old and frankly very poor it is the only option (dont try and suggest D that isnt mind-blowing enough)

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
crampy20 said:
and what would you suggest ? there is nothing else in the pipeline except what is being released ages away (5 months) intel has announced all future chips and the core duo is NOT fast enough... apple wants to hit the world with this, and even though p4 is old and frankly very poor it is the only option (dont try and suggest D that isnt mind-blowing enough)

3.) just because i have made no posts and this will be my ONLY one, that doesnt mean my information is any less valid...

For someone wanting to stay stealth you're off to a great start :rolleyes:

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
crampy20 said:

I dunno...from the benchmarks, two core duos might not be so bad in a Powermac....

crampy20

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
mkrishnan said:
I dunno...from the benchmarks, two core duos might not be so bad in a Powermac....
true true but i believe apple's priority is getting macs over 3.0 ghz they have pushed to get the intel into a laptop and to replace the slow powerbooks... now their next priority is prooving that the powerpc is rubbish by putting an 3> into a workstation and to be honest it looks like you'll be getting a just about 4 Ghz.... but..... the slightly changed arcitecture is new and the time too low, but hopefully we will be able to release it on time, and properly

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
Peace said:

For someone wanting to stay stealth you're off to a great start :rolleyes:
I was about to point out the same thing.

Nickygoat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2004
London
localghost said:
on apples 30th anniversary? :D
Very amusing.
I meant specifically, if time is too tight.
And according to Lowendmac the 20th Anniversary Mac wasn't released until 1997. So there's no reason it should be out April 1.

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
I don't buy that Apple will bring out two different boards with a different architecture and different processors for one machine, especially P4.... No way that this is gonna happen. It could be that they are developing it with a P4 to see if it's feasible, but they certainly won't bring it out with one (or two, in this matter :D )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.