All iPads 32 bit apps in ios11

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sjleworthy, Jun 6, 2017.

1. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

Yup, it aint happening as we've been warned. But will there be the possibility of a porting app or some other app that'll let me run 32 bit within the 64 bit environment do you think? I've 1 or 2 apps that i use daily where the dev isnt updating them any time soon :(

2. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Just keep the iPad on older firmware. I've done this before when older apps weren't compatible with new firmware. I'd test the update on my iPod Touch and if it doesn't work, I leave my iPhone alone. Granted, I do have the benefit of having multiple devices. Lol, I still have a couple of iPad 4's running iOS 6. :p

3. sjleworthy thread starter macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

Thats my plan, but i want ios 11 as well :( And i wish i could turn off Apple software update alerts.

4. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

That's probably the only advantage of a 16GB iPad. There's barely any space available so it can't download software updates and in turn, doesn't bug me to update every second. :rolleyes:

5. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

By far the best option is to not install iOS 11 until you find alternative or app developer updates these two apps.

6. AnTaR3s, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017

AnTaR3s macrumors regular

AnTaR3s

7. Beards macrumors 6502a

Beards