32-bit or 64-bit XP SP2 on my MBP

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by zxcvb, Sep 17, 2008.

1. zxcvb macrumors regular

zxcvb

I got my MBP 2 months ago, 2g RAM and 2.5g cup

which xp would be better for me to Boot Camp on my MBP, 32-bit or 64-bit?

I've done some search and Microsoft said 64-bit require at least 4g Ram and some ppl experienced driver problem when they install 64-bit XP

so, anyone give me some suggestions which xp should I install?

2. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

What would you be running on the Windows OS to need 64 bit? What programs would you be using etc?

3. zxcvb thread starter macrumors regular

zxcvb

I asked because I have a 64-bit xp disc on my hand but I'm not sure if I should install it on my MBP or should I get a 32-bit xp instead?

4. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

XP 64 is a joke. Drivers are spotty at best, if they're there at all. XP is the walking dead anyway. If you must have XP, get the 32-bit version (if you can find it).

If you want to go 64-bit, Vista 64 is the best choice as it's very stable and fast with plentiful drivers and most any application works fine on it, unless you're one of those anti-Vista "M$ is teh devil" types that seem to flood this forum, in which case it'd be best to go back to Windows 98 because "XP is Win 2000 with more eye candy" just like "Vista is XP with more eye candy".

Sorry, I'm ranting. In summary: if you want XP, go 32-bit.