32 bit vs. 64 bit

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Stackman93, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Stackman93 macrumors newbie

I just recently got a macbook pro. I have the new 15' macbook pro with the i7 and 4gb of RAM. I have 2 questions.

If i install windows on my macbook through bootcamp, should i run 32 bit or 64 bit windows 7?

Also, how easy it to take the windows OS off and unpartition the hard drive should i ever want to remove it?

2. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

I want to know the answer to the first question too.

I can answer the second though - it's easy. Bootcamp Assistant > erase windows partition > warnings > done. Those aren't the exact wordings but you'll see when you do it. I had to erase my partition on the fly once and it was SO easy I couldn't believe it.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

You should run 64 bit...

Unless you have a compelling reason to run 32 bit, app compatibility, 2 GB of RAM, you will mostly run in a VM, etc....

B

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

At this stage 64bit is your best bet. There's no real reason to go the 32bit route unless you have under 4gig ram.