Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Not to sound greedy, but I'm wondering if anyone knows the timeframe for the bump up to 32 GB on the iPod Touch. Is the technology even there yet? I'm willing to wait awhile if it's something that'll come up in the next few months.

PuppyLuv

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2007
Alabama
Not to sound greedy, but I'm wondering if anyone knows the timeframe for the bump up to 32 GB on the iPod Touch. Is the technology even there yet? I'm willing to wait awhile if it's something that'll come up in the next few months.

Well Dell has put a 32gb Solid State drive in a laptop so the technology is out, but it'll probably be awhile until its ready for the iPod Touch.

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
Will we see a 32GB iPod Touch anytime soon? No.

This has been discussed over and over again. Please learn to use the search feature, it is NOT over rated.

JohnMC

docprego

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2007
Henderson, NV

The cost of a 32 GB SSD will keep this out of reach for quite a long time.

jimN

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2005
London
Theres a 32gb zen coming pretty soon so I wouldn't think that it'll be that long before we see an update. I think that it'll be here late first quarter. They'll want to cash in on the Christmas/Christmas money/valentines sales before any update is announced.

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
First off, we have discussed this 1,002 times. :eek: So PLEASE use the SEARCH tool. Second, to the people who believe we will see an update in the first half of 2008, while it is possible, Apple has only been updating iPod's once a year for the past two years. Unless you have inside information, my money is on a September update. And to wrap this up, PLEASE use the search tool, never know what you might find. :)

pab277

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2007
It will definitely not be in the next few months, since the current iPod Touch came out only 3 months ago. I would predict that if apple decided to go that route, they will add 32 gb's late next year or so.

mmfy

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2007
Theres a 32gb zen coming pretty soon so I wouldn't think that it'll be that long before we see an update. I think that it'll be here late first quarter. They'll want to cash in on the Christmas/Christmas money/valentines sales before any update is announced.

That zen is already in ppl's greasy mitts..that said as already implied I think Apple will squeeze these current versions for all they're worth i.e. no 32 GB iPT until fall 08 coinciding with 16 GB iphone v2 and 32 Gb iphone v1 models... I think!

bloodycape

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2005
California

Actually the Zen is out, you just have to wait a while for it to get delivered. I think if you order it now you can have it by the 30th of this month or something. Then again it has a SD card slot so you can theoretically make it 64gb. Then again by the time Apple gets 32gb out, Creative, Sandisk and Cowon will be at 48gb or even 64gb, if Apple brings it out in Fall 08.

macbattle

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2007
Actually the Zen is out, you just have to wait a while for it to get delivered. I think if you order it now you can have it by the 30th of this month or something. Then again it has a SD card slot so you can theoretically make it 64gb. Then again by the time Apple gets 32gb out, Creative, Sandisk and Cowon will be at 48gb or even 64gb, if Apple brings it out in Fall 08.
BS on all of that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.