32 GB Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by dellavoce, Feb 10, 2008.

1. dellavoce macrumors regular

My new 32GB touch will arrive on Wednesday and I'm pretty stoked about the extra storage space, but I was wondering, will I still be able to jailbreak? Does it work the same way? Anyone tried it?

2. DizzyRose macrumors regular

DizzyRose

You'll still be able to jailbreak it, but you will have to downgrade to 1.1.1 with a restore, and you'll lose the 1.1.3 $20 apps. However, jailbreakers can easily install it anyway.

Good luck.

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Remember that the Software Development Kit is coming out later this month, so you may want to wait for apps developed with that :)

4. dellavoce thread starter macrumors regular

Has anyone with the new 32 GB tried it? Any issues? My main issue is missing the ToDo list app as well as using my own custom theme.

5. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

It's the same iPod, nothings changed except for the space.

6. txc macrumors newbie

i have a JB'd 32GB, complete with the 1.1.3 apps/wiggle.

no problems.

the most frustrating bit was getting customize to work which i finally did by finding a 1.1.3 specific hacked version in the installer (not sure who the source is offhand)

7. iamwhollyyours macrumors newbie

i jailbroke my 32gb IPT and loved it for the most part. the apps were great and stuff, but there are crippling DRM issues, meaning that none of your purchased music will play without converting it. and with my sizable purchased music library, it wasn't probable. i ended up just restoring it to 1.1.4 and im going to wait for the SDK release.

8. mbrellisford macrumors member

You can jailbreak a 1.1.4 32G iPod without downgrading. Just go to http://www.ziphone.org and download 2.5c and follow the front page video. Worked perfectly for me =)

9. boramora macrumors member

boramora

Hey I had a thread earlier about the same thing~ I managed to jailbreak my 32gb iPod touch with Ziphone when it was on the 1.1.4 firmware. It's a lot easier than downgrading back to 1.1.1 and losing the official Software Update apps. I hope it helps! :D

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=450002