Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dellavoce

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
My new 32GB touch will arrive on Wednesday and I'm pretty stoked about the extra storage space, but I was wondering, will I still be able to jailbreak? Does it work the same way? Anyone tried it?

DizzyRose

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
Barrowford, UK
You'll still be able to jailbreak it, but you will have to downgrade to 1.1.1 with a restore, and you'll lose the 1.1.3 $20 apps. However, jailbreakers can easily install it anyway.

Good luck.

Retired
May 16, 2006
Remember that the Software Development Kit is coming out later this month, so you may want to wait for apps developed with that :)

dellavoce

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Has anyone with the new 32 GB tried it? Any issues? My main issue is missing the ToDo list app as well as using my own custom theme.

txc

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2008
i have a JB'd 32GB, complete with the 1.1.3 apps/wiggle.

no problems.

the most frustrating bit was getting customize to work which i finally did by finding a 1.1.3 specific hacked version in the installer (not sure who the source is offhand)

iamwhollyyours

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2008
Has anyone with the new 32 GB tried it? Any issues? My main issue is missing the ToDo list app as well as using my own custom theme.

i jailbroke my 32gb IPT and loved it for the most part. the apps were great and stuff, but there are crippling DRM issues, meaning that none of your purchased music will play without converting it. and with my sizable purchased music library, it wasn't probable. i ended up just restoring it to 1.1.4 and im going to wait for the SDK release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.