32 GB too expensive? Or worth it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ryuukumori, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Ryuukumori macrumors 6502

I might be buying an iPod Touch. Do you think the 32 GB is too expensive right now, or worth it?

I have too much media, and can't even fit it all on the 32 GB. But I have 10 GB of music I could put it on and cycle through movies to fill it up.

I might order from Amazon with a Griffin iClear case, so I save money that way.

Is this a good plan?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Completely worth it. Between apps, music, and movies you seriously cannot have too much space. I think 8GB is a joke nowadays, 16gb (which is what I have with my phone) is nearly full when I want to travel), 32GB seems just perfect for now.

I think your plan is great and I wouldn't hesitate.

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

How much of your media do you want on the road? If you can live with 16GB of media, go for the 16GB model, if you need 32GB then go for the 32GB model.

4. Ryuukumori thread starter macrumors 6502

I am actually content with a good 2 GB of music in playlists and some movies I would want on there to fill up a 16 GB nearly full.

But I really want to be extra prepared and have music I might want to "rediscover" while on the road. I just see it this way...

Spend about $100 more, and you get double the memory. That is, a 16 GB is $300 and a 32 GB (like another 16 GB iPod Touch) fits nicely in it for just $100 more instead of double the price.

Any other comments?

5. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Yup, what she said... :)

Go for it!

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I agree with seeing how much content you actually want to put on there. I had 15 GB of music so decided that a 16 GB model would be constraining myself. I now have less than 1 GB free on my 32 GB model! :eek:

7. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

I too am fine with 2 gb of music at a time. Its the movies that i wish i had more space for. I have a 16gb and dread the fact that i dont have a 32.

the movies just take up so much space. and its great for movies.

8. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

For problems with both the price and capacity, I"ll be waiting for the next version. Hopefully I could get a 64 GB for the price of the current 32 GB, with an additional feature (like GPS) to boot.

9. Ryuukumori thread starter macrumors 6502

I agree with you, but it's like I'll be playing the waiting game forever. Been through that already.

10. WPeterson macrumors member

WPeterson

as i know, the storage is alway less than your desire. but 16 gb is really enough for a media player for most things. right?

:cool:

more spaces just make us confused.

11. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Yup. I got plenty of cash, but feel I need the next version to make it worthwhile, because of my limited funds. My grades would also suffer. :p

12. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

It's worth just going ahead and getting the 32GB 2G. I filled my 16GB 1G easily; my 32GB is a good capacity for getting a good mix of music, movies, apps, podcasts, etc.

13. cisaman macrumors newbie

you can get a 32gb 1gen ipod touch for 319.00 dollars on apple.com i have no problem with my i pod touch 1gen.if you can live with out external speakers then i would get a 1gen ipod touch.the wifi is better on the 1gen ipod touch than on a 2gen ipod touch.

14. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

don't get the 1 gen if you plan on playing games or looking at large pdf documents.

I think the 32 gb is definitely worth it if your music collection is larget than 16 gigabytes and you want to use your ipod to store photos etc.