32 gig ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by caj, Oct 16, 2007.

1. caj macrumors member

caj

How long do you think we will have to wait until a 32 or maybe even a 64 gig iPod touch will arrive? In all honesty, flash memory is the way to go; it's fast and doesn't take a toll on the battery.

2. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

As much as i hate to say it, it's most likely going to be at least over a year away. Apple only increase iPod size when a new model comes out, so we will probably have to wait until the iPod Touch 2G :(. Oh well, on the brighter side, the touch 2G will most likely be much better performance wise by then, probably with increased battery life and extra features.

3. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

i really dont know.

i dont know if there would be something as big as 64 GB, because the only thing holding up ipod classics is its size, but maybe a 24 or 32 i could see.

I would say not within a year, but since apple killed the 4 GB iphone so fast, anything could happen size wise.

4. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

I did a search and I found four threads just like this one, in fact, two of them have this same exact title! The built in search feature isn't the best, but the Google one sure is.

As far as availability, I doubt within the next two years. Reason being, it costs way too much. If you want to pay 800.00 for an iPod, I'll be they will have it, but if you are like most people, you would never pay THAT much for an MP3 player, just so you can have it all at once...

The prices on flash are really really expensive right now, that is why they aren't using them. I give it one year to get to the market and two years to get into the ipods. 32 gigs on flash is done, but it is still somewhat in a prototype state, if you will.. and it has not fully gotten onto the market yet... why... price!