32" LCD Tv.. Good resolution but small text

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bc008, Jul 3, 2009.

1. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

I connected my 13" macbook to my 32" vizio, and I have it set at 1280 x 720, and it comes in crisp and clear. The only problem is that its hard to see when I am on my couch. Is there any way I can just make text bigger? Thanks!

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

If you need to change the fonts within your browser, you can just use command+ + or - with FireFox and Safari.

For the finder, you can go View-->View Options and then adjust the font size for your folders/file names.

As far as adjusting the menu bar fonts, not sure. You may be able to use a program called Quartz Debug, but don't take my word for that. I haven't used it before either, so user beware...heh

3. Porco macrumors 68020

Porco

There's also the lovely crazy zoom feature, detailed in the Universal Access System Preference pane - option+command+8 to turn on or off and then option+command+= to zoom in to the screen, option+command+-. Also works with ctrl+scrollwheel up or ctrl+swipe up on a trackpad.

4. bc008 thread starter macrumors 68000

bc008

^^ Thanks, thats what I have been using, but I dont like how you cant see the entire screen at once

thank you very much :) Is there a way that I can make the laptop use these settings only when an external display is present?

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Since they're system-wide settings, I don't think so. The only thing you might be able to do is create a user for external monitor use with those settings, but that would require you to switch user logins and deal with all that stuff.

6. bc008 thread starter macrumors 68000

bc008

hmm.. that could work. it would be quicker than changing each and every one of the settings ever time I plug in to my tv

7. snessiram macrumors member

Maybe you could try to set the dpi higher. In Tiger you can do this with Quartz Debugger, which comes with the developer tools (on your install cd). I'm not sure if the same works for Leopard. Also, in Tiger it wasn't yet that good, but it might be good enough for your use? This might be systemwide, I'm not sure.

More info here.