32 vs 64gb minis

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nitromac, Jun 24, 2015.

1. nitromac macrumors 6502

Worked out a really nice deal at staples that would get me the iPad Mini 2 for $255/32GB, OR the Mini 3 for $350/64GB.

I'll be using it mainly for music production (jotting down ideas, loop samples etc) and media consumption (netflix, maybe load some movies on it for travel). I really like the mini form factor and want to keep it relatively inexpensive (so not considering iPad Air 2)

Do you think 32GB is enough for these purposes or is it worth the $95 upgrade for touchID/32 more gigs? Plan to keep it for 2-4 years maybe more

2. soupcan macrumors 6502a

soupcan

Get the 64GB. It gives you a lot of room to do more stuff on. Besides, TouchID is always a welcome thing.

3. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

If you only planned to keep it a year or so, I'd say the 32 would probably be fine for what you want to do, with the knowledge that you might hit up on that limit faster than you think, but you wouldn't have to put up with that limit for very long because your next upgrade wouldn't be *that* far off. But if you want to keep it more than two years...nope, spend the extra now for the 64. Apps keep getting bigger, iOS takes up a surprising amount of space, and you'll get tired of having to move things on and off the device to make room. (Been there, done that. It adds up fast and it's really annoying after a while.)

4. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

I recommend the larger size. Both of my current iPads are 32gb. I wish they were 64 because I am limited what I can keep etc. I will always buy a 64 or larger in the future.