320m Artifacting.. possible AppleCare questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aznguyen316, Dec 22, 2010.

1. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

So recently my MPB 13" 2010 has been experiencing odd artifacting while playing World of Warcraft. I'll attach a couple pictures, but it looks worse than the pictures captured whenever it happens. It's like a checkerboard look over most of the screen. Has happened a handful of times over the past week. Sometimes it'd take 15min to do it, others maybe an hour or two.

Anyway, I plan to bring it into Apple to have them take a look, probably after the holidays as I'm out of town and want to use the comp =). I have an SSD installed at the moment, should I bother removing it? I believe I have the original drive, but it's been formatted as a storage drive which is why I'd prefer not to bother removing the SSD etc. I'll put back in the superdrive though.
    Second, I doubt you guys would know the answer, but I have the invisible shield on the MBP.. I shouldn't have to remove this either right?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

Leave the SSD and shield in place (unless the shield prohibits the opening of the laptop in any way, never used one).

HDD's are user accessible and are allowed to be swapped to any other HDD or SSD via apple's ToS on their warranty.

3. mikepro macrumors 6502

Leeroy Jenkins!!!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist due to your screen shots. :)

4. aznguyen316 thread starter macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

thanks for this. yeah the shield is just a thin layer and does not prevent the opening of the MBP in anyway. I appreciate the help, will speak to my genius bar sometime after Christmas... I'm afraid they'll be swamped! aagghh

5. Smalss macrumors member

I have been experiencing the exact same issue with my 2010 13" Pro. If you can let us know what the problem was after you bring it in, that would be awesome.
    Hope you get it fixed.

6. aznguyen316 thread starter macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

Sure I plan on bringing it in after New Years so I won't have too much downtime with it... will post if it gets fixed, thanks.

7. dime21 macrumors 6502

How did you rearrange all your icons at the bottom of the screen like that? I have Cata on my MBP, but all my icons are in a single row at the bottom. Thx

8. kc2kth macrumors member

+1

Always funny.

9. aznguyen316 thread starter macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

dominos addon. Google "curse wow addons" and you'll find a great site for wow addons. It'll make a world of difference in terms of customization.