32g iPod Touch - still charges, still get lock screen image.... after getting wet

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by crobinator, Dec 7, 2010.

1. crobinator macrumors newbie

I have a 32g iPod Touch, 2g. It got wet. I thought it was done for but am now skeptical because it still charges, the lock screen image still appears (colors are wonky and resolution lines (?) are apparent - looks more like a saturated image). Touchscreen doesn't work, so I can't unlock it - but through iTunes, I could still restore it - except for the image left on the lock screen that was my image when it was customized for me (it's now a ghost image; the default water-drop wallpaper shows over the ghost image. Ironic, huh?)

I'm wondering if, because it was water damaged, would it be worth it to buy a new digitizer and install it to perhaps get it working again - or would it be something worth selling to a tinkerer who might have a fighting chance? I already bought a replacement (at a killer deal), and we have another 8gig 2g that is kaput (Apple says it's corroded, but I don't know how - I also don't know if they said corrosion after only looking at the liquid activator strip, or if they actually looked inside. I'm only specifying this because of the class action suit against Apple). ANYWAY - the 32g I'm talking about definitely WAS water damaged.

Thoughts? After spending so much on it, I think I'm hoping to try to get some of it back. :S Aren't we all?

2. alejandrod macrumors newbie

Advice

I have a similar situation where my Ipod 32g 3rd Gen is water damaged. It was 3 months old when that happened back in October and I have tried to see what possibilities I have to get some money back. I know I could of acted quicker before the new ipod with the cam came around.

Did you get a good bargain afterwards or were able to fix it? Please let me know so I can do something with mine :)

I will really appreciate it!