iPad mini 32GB iPad Mini + Cellular or 64GB WiFi only?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JOSE891, Jan 28, 2014.

1. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

Getting a iPad Mini Retina for my girlfriend.

She has a 32gb iPad 2 and only has like 2gb left, but most of it is only music ( about 10gb).

So I was thinking about getting her either a 64gb Wifi only so she can store all of her music and have space for more stuff, or getting a 32gb + cellular and she can just delete most of her music, have like 10gb left and just stream her music.

What do do you think would most suit her?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I have a 32GB WiFi & Cellular iPad Mini. While I could always use more storage, I've found the Cellular capability essential for my needs. I can only imagine how many times I'd be frustrated if I had to find a WiFi network every time I needed Internet access. You can always use things like Dropbox to access files that you can't fit on your iPad. YMMV

3. donnaw macrumors 65816

I always get the cell version because many times WiFi isn't avaliable for me. If your GF plans to stream her music while on wifi I would say go for the cell version.

But if she frequently needs to stream over cellular then you might want to verify she has a really, really good data plan because that could get expensive.

4. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

With the free TMO, cell is pretty sweet. If she only needs music at home, perhaps set up an iTunes server. But even 10 won't last long, she likely got as full as it is now by stopping when she had to.

5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Impossible to say since you haven't stated any of her needs or preferences. Your guess is better than any of ours at this stage. Some find cellular indispensable (I do). Others don't. For some space trumps cellular and for others its vice-versa.

You'd need to give us a lot more information to begin to make recommendations. Would the iPad be her only music device?

6. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

If you really love her very much and hope to stick together for another 25 years then you can buy her wifi only iPad mini 64GB. I wouldn't want to waste my money for her if she left me for someone else. :apple:

7. Penquin79 macrumors member

With the new AT&T deal you can get her the 64 gb mini with cell for the same price as a wifi only. It is a no brainier although you do have to make a two year commitment.

8. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

How about just giving her an Apple gift card and letting her choose? That way, she can get the iPad that suits her needs.

9. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

id make sure she is willing to buy a data plan if you are going to get the cellular plan. as it was stated above streaming music can take up a lot of data.

10. daddyd302 macrumors member

daddyd302

For a limited time, you can also get $100 credit after 45 days too. I'm thinking about taking my Verizon Ipad mini Retina back to Apple and going with AT&T because of that.

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/100-dollar-credit.html#fbid=N7_6GW4sHcM

11. Jasonkrick macrumors member

I use wifi only iPads.

I have unlimited data on my phone and pay extra to tether off of it.

Be very careful of LTE consumption with an iPad as it will easily chew through 10 gigs if you're streaming music or movies through it

12. Beaverman3001 macrumors 6502

13. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

I was in the same predicament and went with the lower storage and cellular support. I've used the cell data a few times but the jury is still out for me whether I'd do it again. It's nice to have the cell support WHEN you need it. But if that hardly ever happens then you end up wishing you just had the extra storage.

As always, everyone's use case is different.

14. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

My previous iPad was LTE and I used cellular maybe twice. I'd go with the more storage. If you're a traveler, a cellular model is probably a good idea and 32GB is not bad with cloud storage these days.