32GB iPhone 3GS on PAYG reduced in price (UK)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djrm, Jun 10, 2010.

1. djrm macrumors 6502

djrm

2. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

This is not a positive indication of the iPhone 4 price. It's going to be around £550+ me things.

3. kultschar macrumors 6502a

Nice that it has been reduced though i wouldnt be tempted unless it was around the 300 mark. The 3GS looks like poo compared to the iPhone 4, I cannot wait to get rid of my 3GS!!

Yes I agree the iphone 4 has to at least be 550 unless the shops are pulling a fast one at the mo hoping the 3GS will sell to maybe naive people (unaware of iphone 4) and thinking they have a bargain for 499

4. alvinlaw macrumors newbie

5. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

I'm not sure why alvinlaw wants higher prices, bur each to his/her own.

My sources are indicating or hinting strongly to a £600 for 32GB. They're putting me off, I'm sure.

6. g33 macrumors 6502

£600, thats pushing it for me i think theres a limit to how much i wud pay for an iphone. materials and construction aside the unibody macbook pro wasnt anymore expensive was it so the new iphone shudnt warrant the extra cost. i was happy paying £450 for 3GS but £600 :O talk about apple markups....

7. kultschar macrumors 6502a

I am a happy iPad owner, sought of makes you question how much you actually use the iPhone at the moment other then the essentials of calling, texting.

I agree these phones are very pricey indeed however whats happened over the years?

I bought the 2G iphone from US ebay on release for £215 inc postage, 3G around £300.

The prices are really bashing up at the moment.

I always wonder if Apple have ever thought of just going for mobile 'world domination"

i.e. forget about deals with Telecommunication companies and sell the iphone standalone unlocked worldwide from their stores for a reasonable profit. Of course they would lose revenue from the Tele companies but their market share would be through the roof and prob make up the diff in more sales, itunes sales

8. alvinlaw macrumors newbie

sorry mate, I meant I hoped the 3gs can drop another hundred quid or more.

grab one from US is not a bad idea for me, but I prefer official unlocking rather jailbroken.

9. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

There's one thing we have to remember though, the iPhone has to be below the iPad, otherwise it goes against a core fundamental iPad property.