32GB iPhone 3GS- Rattling Noise

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by FU0991, Jan 1, 2010.

1. FU0991 macrumors newbie

Hey, I was shaking my iPhone for Facebook up and down and noticed a rattling noise coming from the top left of the phone, by the camera. I wasn't sure if the rattle noise is suppose to be their or not so I tried my friend's white 16GB iPhone 3gs and noticed their was no noise in his. I then went to the apple store and noticed that the noise was also present on the display model iPhones. Does anyone know if the noise is normal or not? and whether I should take it to the Apple Store for a replacement?

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Sure that it isn't just the ringer switch? Mine slightly rattles when the phone is muted.

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

There's a few topics about this, if I recall correctly it's something in the autofocus hardware in the camera that rattles. It seems entirely normal for the 3GS.

4. FU0991 thread starter macrumors newbie

I see, but the only problem is when I compare my 32gb 3GS to other 16gb 3GS's there is nearly no noise. Does the noise develop over time, due to use?