32gb iPhone 6 or SE

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hokie45, Jun 10, 2017.

?

Which phone?

1. iPhone 6 32GB $199

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. iPhone SE 32GB $159

52 vote(s)
    96.3%
  1. hokie45 macrumors newbie

I am finally upgrading from my 5s! Just curious what users thought here - get iPhone 6 32gb for $199(not the 6s) or the SE 32 gb for $159. I mostly use my phone for email, pictures, and social media. Any input appreciated :) Thanks!

2. sunapple macrumors 65816

sunapple

iPhone SE - because it is faster and has a better camera

OR

iPhone 6 - because it has a larger screen

Personal preference what size you want, otherwise the SE being cheaper and also faster makes a bit more sense.

3. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Agreed, but the form factor may also influence one's purchase.

Personally, I think the iPhone 6 is too large to hold comfortably, whereas the iPhone SE is wonderfully comfortable in the hand and - to my mind - is a lovely size.

4. sunapple macrumors 65816

sunapple

Exactly, the iPhone 6 has a larger screen (and thus a larger body...) and size comes down to personal preference. Kind of what I already wrote. To me my iPhone 7 is perfect (same size as a 6), but you might be able to get used to pretty much any size (I've also owned Plus models, iPhone 4...).

Go to a store or maybe take advantage of the 14-day return window that's often provided.

5. kevink2 macrumors 65816

I suspect that the next set of phones to be dropped from support will be the 5s and 6, due to being the smallest memory (RAM) of the iPhones supported by iOS 11. Though since Apple is still selling new 6 units, they probably won't be dropped on iOS12.

Also, if you ever want to consider T-Mobile with that phone, the SE has band 12 support, the 6 doesn't.

6. JohnApples macrumors 65816

I like the 6's size overall much better than the SE. But man was that thing not future-proofed enough. Too sluggish for my liking, I'd personally choose the SE for the better user experience.

7. Math889 macrumors 65816

Id choose the 6S . 6 is underpowered , but it has a 4.7 inch screen . The SE has A9 processor, but an 4 inch display.

If you prefer the 4 inch display, go to the SE
    If you prefer 4.7 inch or more , buy at least an 6S

8. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

If you buy the 6, you will regret it.

Buy hey...it's your money.

9. nordique macrumors 65816

Not only is the SE cheaper, but its a superior device on a technical level with a better camera and better battery life vs. the 6

the 6 will be an upgrade in terms of a new design, but internally the 6 is more similar to the 5s (5s and 6 are similar in power! Similar cameras too)

the SE is similar externally to the 5s yes, but internally it is much more of an upgrade, with a much improved rear camera

Plus the SE is cheaper according to the prices you mentioned!

Go for SE

10. Strelok macrumors 6502a

Strelok

I don't think I could go back to such small screens, but that's what happens when you start using an iPhone 6/6s/7 Plus :(. That said I would go with the iPhone SE in this case. The iPhone 6 was OK when it was new and it is still "OK", but it's a pretty old device at this point.

11. VincentPX macrumors newbie

I went from an Android 4 inch screen phone to an iPhone 6s and then on an 6s plus, always following the biggest one in a line up cause everybody says that bigger screen is better experience. And you know what, now i'm back on a SE ! I hesitate a lot to get one cause i thought at first that i will never ever go back on such a small screen but i was wrong. I enjoy it so much, much more than the previous ones i got for a while. Cause it's such a jewel to handle with one hand and it makes the overall experience far superior and so convenient for me. So never say "i can't go back" or such a thing ;)

12. democracyrules macrumors 6502a

Agree with the above comment.

13. Sam_S macrumors regular

I changed from the iPhone 6 to the SE a few months ago, extremely happy with that decision. The iPhone 6 was nothing but trouble for me, the iPhone SE is a tested design and works with no issues.

I will not upgrade to anything larger again, being able to use a powerful phone easily with one hand is a blessing these days!

14. sunapple macrumors 65816

sunapple

I hope you'll have that choice by then, there's only so many Special Editions one can do...

15. Sam_S macrumors regular

I wouldn't care if they kept using the same device and just keep on upgrading the internals.
    In my opinion I think the iPhone 7 is crap! No innovation in the last couple of years which is disappointing to see. The main reason I would want the phone would be the camera, but the top features are reserved for the 7+ which is a device I despise even more!
    I am hoping that they release something around iPhone 8 launch but I doubt it.

16. nfl46 macrumors 604

SE - at this point, you should only be considering a SE, 6S or above. That 2GB+ is crucial going forward.

17. Reno Raines macrumors 65816

Again, personal preference but for all intents and purposes the SE is really a 6s in a smaller frame phone. Plus it is more future proof I would venture to guess. The size of the phone you want will most likely determine your choice but I have an SE and to me it flies. My advice is go with the SE.

18. Grey Area macrumors regular

My company phone is an iPhone 6 and my private phone is an SE. In comparison, the 6 can feel slightly laggy at times - nothing terrible, it is perfectly usable. But I doubt this is going to get better with future iOS updates, quite the opposite.

19. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

The 6 is a better size imo but the SE is a better spec so of the two I say SE.

20. kazmac macrumors 603

kazmac

As I'm sure other folks have said, the specs for the SE are a mix of the 6 and 6s; yet it is a 18 months newer (I think). I'd go for the SE.

21. fruitninja macrumors regular

fruitninja

Just curious: what's the cheapest way to get this 'new' budget iPhone 6 32GB in the US, unlocked? For a strange reason, not many people are into unlocked phones in your country. Or maybe many people would buy unlocked phones, but your market conditions dictate otherwise.

For a comparison, in most of the rest of the world the easiest way to get your hands on this phone is the same as with most other phones; unlocked. (Prices on the link.)