32GB iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rocco32, Oct 15, 2007.

1. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

2. danielforman macrumors regular

Another fake by the looks of it.

Another thread is on the go at the moment about Apple ready to ship 16gb iPhones that has been questioned heavily about the authenticity of the photos provided.

Apple may bring out 32gb iPhone but I don't think we will see it just yet.

How about we start a thread where all the people who want to create photoshopped images of iPhones boasting bigger storage capacity can reside. We could even hold a competition to see who produces the best forgery.

3. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

Good call, sir.

Better yet, put both the known fakes and the unknown fakes (that people think might be real) in the same thread. That way we keep the silliness in a single thread.

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

How about we just beat the members that try to foist off the phonies.

The one who is most entertaining, wins a roll of toilet paper.

5. rocco32 thread starter macrumors newbie

Me personally i think they would bring it out before Christmas and for $599

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

It's just that the create the 16GB iPod touch, didn't the have to stack two 8GB flash chips together, making the 16GB touch thicker than the 8GB touch?

So for a 32GB iPhone/touch, wouldn't that be four 8GB flash chips stacked? Do you know how thick that iPhone would be???

7. rocco32 thread starter macrumors newbie

maybe there is 2 16GB memory chips

8. aristobrat macrumors G4

Maybe. You'd think Apple would be using 16GB chips in the 16GB Touch then, no?

9. rocco32 thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe not in the 16GB Touch. But in a 32GB iPhone it could happen

10. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

They might not be able to meet the desired price point with a single 16GB chip vs. two 8GBs if each 8GB is less then half the cost, which they might very well be.

11. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

Man, I hate to say it, but after dropping the photo into Photoshop, and adjusting the levels..... I have to say IMO I think it's legit. (the photo anyway)

It doesn't surprise me, just funny timing right now with all the other wacky posts and spy shots.

Anyone else handy with photoshop that can confirm or deny this? I adjust the levels to limit the histogram. That always shows flaws... but it didn't this time. Weird. I'm claiming legit.

12. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

What's to prevent someone from taking an iPhone screenshot, modifying it in Photoshop, transferring the modified screenshot to the iPhone, displaying the screenshot as a pic on the iPhone, and taking a photo of that?

Seems like it would be pretty easy to mask any signs of alteration by using a real photo of an altered screenshot instead of altering a real photo.

But then again, I'm not a digital manipulation expert or an iPhone owner... ;)

13. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Looks legit but im betting it isnt. good photoshop job or whatever.

14. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

i don't know this seems very plausible. It would really set aside the iphone from the pack to have something on paper that is better than other phones.

and when i say on paper i do mean on paper, because the iphone spec sheet looks pretty bad compared to other phones. its only in person the iphone can make a impact just now.

15. JoshuaOstrowski macrumors newbie

GOOD GOD!!!! MAN. If they did make a 32gb iphone......DAM....i mould sell and organ and get to the nearest apple store! http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    :D I mean, when the iphone first came out with the 4gb and the 8gb, that was not enough space, but with 32gb, that is plenty for me, that would hold about 5,000 songs?? I think??? But anyway, now i have a reason to get 1. Ohh, and the pic, its F$*king real!!!! http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    :Dhttp://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/smilies/blackapple.gif
    :apple:

16. rocketsauce9 macrumors newbie

I opened them all up in photoshop and am pertty sure its a legit photo nothing nothing looked funny at all when i played with the levels and some other stuff.

17. jqlaws macrumors newbie

hoax...

The picture is probably real, but it's easy to take a screen grab [dock app] into photoshop, and then photograph the image on the screen.

18. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

good idea.. i think i might just go photoshop one saying i have a 200 gig iphone for ***** and giggles :D

19. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

20. rocco32 thread starter macrumors newbie

:D:D what would work lol...