32gb or 64gb... 64 gb full of...

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by whyrichard, Aug 4, 2011.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Hello,

I am wondering if i should get the 64gb ipad, or if the 32gb ipad will be enough.

Currently I have a 32gb iphone, and it is mostly full with podcasts. I stream netflix, and listen to some music on it... though the bulk of my music is on a 120 gb ipod in my car...

what do people fill up a 64gb ipad with? all local video?
    do people fill it up with music?
    if i have an iphone in my pocket all the time, will I find I don't need 64gb in my pad?

I will be new to the ipad universe, and so I don't know what usage patterns are like with it...

what do 64gb ipad owners fill up their ipad with?

thanks,
    r.

2. RWil85 macrumors 6502a

I would think if you have a 32gb iPhone accessible at all times - you wouldn't need the 64gb iPad bc of the space you'd save on music alone..if you figure you'd really only be puttings apps/games/videos/fav music on it - i think 32gb iPad would be enough..

just an opinion.

3. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

thats kinda how i feel...

and yet, since i am receiving a 32gb ipad as a gift, i'm tempted to spring up the extra $100 just to get one loaded to the brim. .... is a waste?

seeking second opinions... money is a slight issue, but since it's a gift the perceptual difference is reduced...

r.

4. RWil85 macrumors 6502a

knowing that - i might foot the $100 to upgrade. $100 for a 64GB iPad, THAT's not bad, haha.

being a 'numbers person'..you could get really crazy and think of that $100 as being useful towards your next tech purchase, maybe even a newer version of the iPad down the road - since that extra memory may not be reallllllyyyy necessary..:)

5. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

but more to the point...

who has a 64gb ipad and is using up more then 32gb of it?

if so, what is it full of? do you find that with an ipad you end up filling it up with video, audio, media apps... ?

thanks!

r.

6. bluedukies8 macrumors 6502

bluedukies8

I have a 64GB AT&T iPad 2. I bought it the day they came out. I was originally going to get just a 32GB, but my local Apple store was out of them. I went ahead and forked over the extra money. My first iPad as well.

Now with that said I have only 28GB left. I have lots of videos for my two kids when we go on long trips. So that takes up most of the space, but I do have lots of photos and apps as well.

I would say spring for the extra space. Since this is the first one, you may put more on it than you may realize. I know I did/do. Good luck in your future purchase!