32GB or 64GB

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by drbrodent, Oct 25, 2010.

1. drbrodent macrumors newbie

Ok so I know this question has been asked, I have read other forum posts but the dont quite relate to my situation...hopefully you guys can help me out. I have an older nano 4gb that is full, I have another 1gb of music on my itunes that I cant put on it and I actually have probably another 3gb that I dont have on my itunes at all beacuse it is stuff I dont listen to all that often and the interface on my old car stereo was a pain to get through it all! So bottom line I would like to have all 8gb or so on an ipod, and of course my collection continues to grow, not fast but it is still growing. I would also like to have full length movies on it, I have checked into it a little and the itouch seems like it is fairly practical to watch movies on. I see myself downloading apps, taking some video, taking some pics, using email on it, etc. I know its really hard to judge somones use but I really fear running out of space, when I bought my nano 5 or so years ago it seemed like I could never fill it and here I am! I will most likley keep this for a long time, I have a 7 year old daughter that I would like to have things like movies and games on there for to occupy her on long trips. The extra hundred bucks isnt going to take the bread off my table or anything but I also hate to waste 100 bucks as well, are the itouches easy to navigate if you have 64gb on them? I know if I had to wadw through montains info to find everything it would annoy me greatly! Like I said I know its tough to judge somone elses use, but I am totally new to apps and movies, I am thinking something like 10gb of songs, maybe 10 movies at the high side, as well as a couple hundred pics, some video I shoot, maybe a few tv shows, and some games and apps and emailing....I am not the kind of guy that wants to move things around alot either so thats not really an option...but am I crazy to think I can fill up a 32gb? Thanks in advance for your help guys!

2. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

How many hours of movies do you think you'll put on it?

3. nanderson97 macrumors newbie

My answer for this question is always 64GB for this question. If you want to future-proof it for years the bigger capacity is always better. Also if you want a few movies and movies for your daughter they will take up some space. On my old 120GB classic movies take up about 1GB to 1.5GB a piece.

My final answer is just 64GB in hopes of keeping it for a long time

4. supermassive macrumors regular

supermassive

How about punctuation and some paragraphs?

The wall of text is just an imposition.

Now to your question without reading the text, only the caption. 64Gb of course if you can afford it, otherwise 32GB.

5. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

I have almost 4000 songs on my 32 GB. It takes up just about 18 GB with the 128 AAC conversion feature (perfectly adequate for on the go usage) the only downside is the long, long sync times.

I have around 50 apps, a few movies, lots of pictures etc, and still have around 8 GB free. 32 GB is sufficient. I wouldn't mind having 64 GB, though.

6. Biker macrumors regular

i have tons of movies, 2500 songs and 82 apps on my 64 GB and have 11.6 GB left :D

7. eddy2099 macrumors member

Well, I guess it depends on you. Firstly, how much are you willing to spend for the iPod Touch 4 ?

Secondly, would you be listening to all your music and watch all your videos all the time or would you like watch and listen to them occassionly or get bored of them after watching a show or listening to some music after a hundred times ? Personally, although I keep all my music, videos and podcasts on my computer, I only put what I plan to listen and watch within a one month time frame on the iPod Touch and change the contents after that swapping new music and videos I bought. I do keep a small subset of music which I love very much on the iPod Touch though.

I supposed it is always good to keep all your multimedia on your computer, on CD/DVD because the iPod Touch probably would not last forever and you may need to replace it every 5 years or so for one reason or another.

8. ascendedoshen macrumors member

64g is $6 per gig

I had 3rd gen 32 and since I have no computer my iPod is my computer 32 filled up quick with movies tv series music bids so now I have 4th gen and glad I got 64 it's cheaper per gigabyte as well

9. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I had the 1st Gen iTouch 16GB and before selling it I had less than a 1GB of space empty. It was somewhat slow with all those Apps (160). My music is hard to judge cause most of my songs are mixes over 1hr long.

I'm a huge music fanatic but I don't keep all my music my iPod. I figure I would fill up my 4G 32GB with half music and Apps, and then leave the rest 14GB for photos/videos taken or for a couple more Apps. And I was in the same dilemma too. 32GB or 64GB? I went with the 32GB and the extra $100 I save will be put towards some headphones. I'm getting Shure SE315 for $199 which not to bad considering I sold my 1st gen. Total cost for 32GB iPod and headphones = cost of one 64GB

Right now I have 14GB filled with Videos/Music/Apps

But if you plan on filling it up, then go for the 64GB. 32GB is still a good buy $10 per GB.

10. drbrodent thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for my lack of proper english, sentence structure, punctuation, and so on, just not my thing!

11. drbrodent thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys for your advice, I think I will go with the 64, 100 bucks isnt that big of deal but I am thinking 300 bucks for a full 32gb would be quite a dissapointment!

12. SidBala macrumors 6502a

OMG seriously. I am too scared to read this text. Just a paragraph break every once in a while would make it a lot more readable.

13. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

It's fine. But some breaks in the paragraphs would be nice. But, not against forum rules. :)
    Yah. Welcome. Have fun with your touch! (Come back with light leak help! :p:D)
    6.25 :p

14. mark28 macrumors 68000

Get 64 gb. The next iPod Touch or iPhone that I buy, is atleast 64 gb. I'm running out of 32 gb :(

15. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I have the 64GB and I'd recommend it. It's an excellent evice.

Besides, as nanderson97 has already pointed out, a 64 GB Touch will be more future-proofed, and will also more easily hold a large music/movie collection without strain.

Cheers

16. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Skip both. Get the 8gb model. Use micro SD cards to expand it as much as 32gb at a time. Throw all your videos on microSD-HC cards and swap them in and out as your needs demand. :D

Oh wait. Apple doesn't do memory expansion. :eek:
    Nevermind! :mad:

17. corry20 macrumors regular

I have a 32gig 4g Ipod touch. I'm going to be selling it when the new iphone comes out in July so 32 is fine for me. I watch and listen to Podcast and delete after I watch or listen.

18. Outrun1986 macrumors 6502

32 is more than enough for me, so I am glad I didn't get the 64GB. Although I don't have any movies, but I might have some other content to put on it. Even though I doubt I would exceed 32GB as I have about 15GB left even with tons of music and about 200 apps. And I am the one with 1600 apps, not all installed at once of course!