iPad 32gb rMini regains 6 gigs

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ron7624, Jul 19, 2014.

1. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

I just ran a complete: back up / restore like new / restore backup
    On my iPad rMini. I was having issues with the mail app freezing on occasion. To get past the problem I would close out the app and stop it running in the background and open it up again. It would then work. Rather than killing my Sunday tomorrow with a genius bar appointment to run diagnostics, I wiped it to see if that would help. Time will tell.
    The upside is that I picked up over 6gb in useable space-going from 6.3 gb available to having 13.5 gb now.
    I guess it's good to clean house now and again. Hope I fixed my issue.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The cache, and settings objects were not in all likelihood restore and will build up over time again. I wonder though if the backup did not restore everything due to the amount of storage you reclaimed.

3. ron7624 thread starter Contributor

ron7624

Not sure but the restore, so far as I can tell is 100 % complete. I had encrypted my back up so it would have saved everything. And, my mail freeze has not come back. I think I may have fixed the problem.

4. Jaguarr40, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014

Jaguarr40 macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

You would only know but it sounds like when you do a restore ans a clean install ofthe OS how much you would have BEFORE you installed your back up but if you did I have never heard of that much space. I did the same thing on both my 5S and Mini r the other day and regained 2-3 gigs on each but that is all.

5. ron7624 thread starter Contributor

ron7624

I found em

I just opened Pages and it showed no documents. I have about 20 that I have created. Within seconds they all populated. I bet I find more things like that occur as I continue use my iPad mini.
    So I guess we can safely say that I probably only have regained two to three gigs in reality.

6. IGregory macrumors 6502a

IGregory

Yes, even computers need a laxative sometimes. :)