32gb vs 128gb 12.9" IPP Screen

Discussion in 'iPad' started by miles400, Apr 16, 2016.

1. miles400 macrumors member

miles400

I held off buying a 12.9" IPP a few months back due to the complaints on the Apple support forum that the 32gb IPP was supposedly using a much better quality Samsung panel than the Sharp panel used in the 128gb IPP, which made the screen very yellow in comparison with the 32gb. Is anyone still having problems with the 128gb IPP display quality? As I've finally decided that I would be willing to sacrifice the larger storage for a much better Samsung display. Thank you.

2. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

I have no screen issues with my iPad Pro 12.9", I bought it the Friday before the 9.7" announcement (so recently).

3. AlexJoda macrumors regular

AlexJoda

No yellow screen here with my 128 GB iPP......Perfect display. Better than anything else to watch photos. You will not be happy with 32GB on the long run......

4. Simacca macrumors 6502a

Simacca

The amount of space will not have any effect on the screen type you get. It's purely random imo

5. andy271 macrumors member

I would get 128gb having the extra storage is much better ie films.photos can all add up..ive had no luck with the ipad pro 12.9 screens so the people who have got perfect screens have been very lucky ,all you need to do is post a picture of the settings menu and you can see the uniformity problems .the ones in the shops seem to use a different panel that has far better uniformity.i read that they were going to use sharp screens at the start then Samsung were going to supply the screens after that. http://wccftech.com/samsung-sharp-ipad-pro-display-suppliers/

6. keviig macrumors 6502

I got a very yellow screen with my 32GB 12.9" pro. Ended up returning it.

7. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    Not a single flaw with my 128GB display since I bought it on launch day.

Kal.

8. DarkViolator macrumors newbie

DarkViolator

My 128gb screen is perfect, I've had no problems whatsoever.

After setting it up as I wanted, I was well over the 32GB....

You would regret a 32GB